Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 22 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • ryan886
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [BUG] Adding song currently playing to the queue

When listening to a song, add 3 random songs to the queue and then add the song you are currently playing to the queue (4th song in the queue). Skip the song you are currently playing (that you also added to the queue as the 4th song) - when you reac...

• Casual Listener
  • When listening to a song, add 3 random songs to the queue and then add the song you are currently playing to the queue (4th song in the queue).  Skip the song you are currently playing (that you...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug android
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio de la cancion no funciona

Volvi a instalarlo y sigue sin reproducir radio de la canción.  

• Volvi a instalarlo y sigue sin reproducir radio de la canción.   
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • No reproduce radio de la canción. Volví a instalar y sigue igual
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution App crashes on chromebook

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceAsus Chromebook Flip C434Operating SystemChrome OSMy Question or IssueThe android app doesn't work on my Chromebook. After one or two songs, my device gets suuuuper slow, the cursor freezes every two or three seconds and...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Asus Chromebook Flip C434 Operating System Chrome OS My Question or Issue The android app doesn't work on my Chromebook. After one or two songs, my de...
  • sizzlemeat
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to add to or remove from 'liked songs'

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSony Xperia XA2Operating SystemAndroid 9/Pie My Question or IssueI've noticed I am no longer able to add to or remove from my 'liked songs' playlist. For a song that isn't in the playlist, tapping the heart icon ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Sony Xperia XA2 Operating System Android 9/Pie   My Question or Issue I've noticed I am no longer able to add to or remove from my 'liked son...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't use the search-function in the spotify app since recently

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceSony Xperia Z3Operating SystemAndroid 6.0.1Spotify-Version:8.6.86.1231 My Question or IssueI can't use the search-function to find other artists and songs in the spotify mobile app since recently. If I open the function...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Sony Xperia Z3 Operating System Android 6.0.1 Spotify-Version: 8.6.86.1231   My Question or Issue I can't use the search-function to find other ar...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    search-function
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay not working in 2021

PlanPremiumCountryCroatiaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20+Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueAutoplay is not working from search. When I search for a song and the selected song finishes, nothing plays after it, the song radio does not start to pl...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Croatia Device Samsung Galaxy S20+ Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Autoplay is not working from search. When I search for a song and the...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 35 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Android
    autoplay
  • 35 replies
  • 4 likes

Voice search

Hey all, I reside in India and have just started using spotify premium on galaxy F62(android R). I am not able to find any button to search via voice. The version is latest that is available on play store. Can someone help me?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all,   I reside in India and have just started using spotify premium on galaxy F62(android R).   I am not able to find any button to search via voice. The version is latest that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Android app didn't work

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceMotorola Moto E4 PlusOperating SystemAndroid 7.1.1Spotify version:8.6.86.1231My Question or IssueI didn't see playlist on my library on phone (on my Windows app, this work correctly) and I could play any song. Any playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Motorola Moto E4 Plus Operating System Android 7.1.1 Spotify version: 8.6.86.1231 My Question or Issue I didn't see playlist on my library on p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Playlists stuck in shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG V30Operating System Android Pie My Question or IssueSuddenly today my playlist (which is full of podcast episodes) started playing in shuffle. I can't seem to turn it off. I follow instructions and go to the Now Playing ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device LG V30 Operating System  Android Pie   My Question or Issue Suddenly today my playlist (which is full of podcast episodes) started playing in ...
  • katemiller
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Shuffle Playlist
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify plays wrong songs suddenly and adds to liked songs for no reason

Spotify keeps playing songs from Tory Lanez out of nowhere (when it's not even running as well) and puts them on repeat and also adds them to my liked songs. Nobody else has access to my account and I have also logged out of all devices to be sure. S...

image.png
  • Regular
  • Spotify keeps playing songs from Tory Lanez out of nowhere (when it's not even running as well) and puts them on repeat and also adds them to my liked songs. Nobody else has access to my account and ...
  • auroralovelysm
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android][Other] Lyrics corrections, add a button for user edits

It would be great if you had a button in the lyrics window to offer corrections to lyrics Fans could do the editing for you I really love the lyrics feature Just want it to be even better.

• It would be great if you had a button in the lyrics window to offer corrections to lyrics  Fans could do the editing for you  I really love the lyrics feature  Just want it to be even ...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Huawei GT3 HarmonyOS Solve the Problem, please.

Huawei GT3 smart watches work with the HarmonyOS operating system, in the Android version of the application you can check them with the watch without problems. Since volume control and music switching cannot be performed on iOS operating systems, th...

• Huawei GT3 smart watches work with the HarmonyOS operating system, in the Android version of the application you can check them with the watch without problems. Since volume control and music switchi...
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution No more autoplay or Current Song displaying on Car when BT connected

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceMotorola Razr 5GOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueAbout 2 months ago, after my phone BT connects to my Genesis GV80, Spotify no longer autoplays. After I initiate play from the phone app, playlist songs will co...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Motorola Razr 5G Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue About 2 months ago, after my phone BT connects to my Genesis GV80, Spotify no longer...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Reserved Playlist Names

Very frustrating that users are allowed to call personal playlists the same as system generated ones like Release Radar, Daily Mix 1 etc. All fine if searching on screen but when asking Google Assistant to "Play Daily Mix 1 on Spotify" you can never ...

• Casual Listener
  • Very frustrating that users are allowed to call personal playlists the same as system generated ones like Release Radar, Daily Mix 1 etc.  All fine if searching on screen but when asking Google ...
  • Ryrynz
  • Music Fan
  • 48 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 48 replies
  • 14 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app not working

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceXiaomi Redmi Note 4Operating SystemAndroid 7.0 NRD90M My Question or IssueHi, since last week or so Spotify App on my smarthpone doesn't work at all. I've been able to use it previously with no problem, now it won't open...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Operating System Android 7.0 NRD90M   My Question or Issue Hi, since last week or so Spotify App on my smarthpone doesn't work at...
  • Elena
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Still haven't received the new "now playing mini player"

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceGoogle Pixel 6 Pro (same issue on my secondary iphone 12)Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueHi, I still haven't received the new now playing ( https://spotify.design/article/small-but-mighty-weve-rolled-out-...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Google Pixel 6 Pro (same issue on my secondary iphone 12) Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Hi, I still haven't received the new no...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Parts of song missing when streamed through phone or Amazon Echo?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy 7Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or Issue: Noticed this just now for the first time ever after years.... Playing the song "Pass the Mic" by thhe Bestie Boys on the album "Check Your Head" there is a key...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy 7 Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue: Noticed this just now for the first time ever after years....   Playing the so...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect on Fire HD8

My Question or IssueHi Support/Community, my daughter has a Fire HD8 tablet and we have a Family account. This works fine! BUT when she wants to hear the music on a google nest mini or an other device, the devices do not appear in the spotify connect...

• My Question or Issue Hi Support/Community,   my daughter has a Fire HD8 tablet and we have a Family account. This works fine! BUT when she wants to hear the music on a google nest mini or an ...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android app crashing on launch - Android 11 / Lineageos 18.1

PlanPremiumCountryGermany DeviceOneplus 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 / Lineageos 18.1My Question or IssueHello,I'm not able to use the more recent versions of the Android app as they immediately crash on launch - currently using version 8.5.71.723...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany   Device Oneplus 7 Pro Operating System Android 11 / Lineageos 18.1 My Question or Issue Hello, I'm not able to use the more recent versions of the Andr...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Keep Spotify in notifications bar

PlanPremiumCountryRussia DeviceHuawei P30 LiteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify disappears from the notifications bar a short while after i pause the music. How can i keep it there? I'm used to Youtube player staying in the notifica...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russia  Device Huawei P30 Lite Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify disappears from the notifications bar a short while after i pause the m...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes