Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I stop showing on my phone what I'm playing in another device?

Hi,I have my account logged in in two phones, my Motorola and my Samsung. Whenever I play music on my Motorola phone, it shows up on my Samsung too (I can see what my other phone is listening too, play, pause, change...) How do I stop them from doing...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have my account logged in in two phones, my Motorola and my Samsung. Whenever I play music on my Motorola phone, it shows up on my Samsung too (I can see what my other phone is listening too...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

[Mobile] Have programmers eliminate extra info offline so app works

About 5 years ago, the Spotify app worked great! It was fast and reliable. Then the came out with an update that added way too much information to the mobile app which has choked it out and slowed it way down. Sometimes it takes 45 seconds to open so...

20220419_183757.jpg 20220419_183628.jpg
  • Regular
  • About 5 years ago, the Spotify app worked great! It was fast and reliable. Then the came out with an update that added way too much information to the mobile app which has choked it out and slowed it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My now playing screen and toolbar keeps disappearing?

When I open Spotify, sometimes my now playing screen and toolbar disappears. I try to play a song, and it plays, but I can't pause, skip, or have any control over the songs playing. It randomly stops playing again, sometimes after a few songs. The on...

• Casual Listener
  • When I open Spotify, sometimes my now playing screen and toolbar disappears. I try to play a song, and it plays, but I can't pause, skip, or have any control over the songs playing. It randomly stops...
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify randomly turns on and starts playing music

in the middle of the night, my spotify will turn on and start playing music. to the point i have to turn my volume all the way down before i go to bed just to make sure it won't wake me up.

• Visitor
  • in the middle of the night, my spotify will turn on and start playing music. to the point i have to turn my volume all the way down before i go to bed just to make sure it won't wake me up.
  • Elena
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Restarting songs, stopping, and volume changes

Stopping,restarting songs,volume goes up and down. Tried uninstalling app, restarting phone, turning off data saver, only using downloaded content, turning off wifi, unpairing other devices on Bluetooth and everything else posted as a fix. Still happ...

• Stopping,restarting songs,volume goes up and down. Tried uninstalling app, restarting phone, turning off data saver, only using downloaded content, turning off wifi, unpairing other devices on Blueto...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing randomly on its own

PlanPremium TrialCountryUnited StatesDeviceSamsung Note 20 UltraOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueSpotify will just start randomly playing. Many time it's when I open my phone or another app. Occasionally it just starts on its own. I did...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Trial Country United States Device Samsung Note 20 Ultra Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Spotify will just start randomly playing.  Many time it's ...
  • Elena
  • 25 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Android
    random playing
  • 25 replies
  • 8 likes

Manager reklama Google

Reklama Google konsole

• Visitor
  • Reklama Google konsole
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se reproduce sin permiso solo por favor ayúdenme

Plan PremiumPaís ChileDispositivo Motorola z2Sistema operativoAndorid Mi pregunta o problemaSe me reproduce solo se abre sin permiso por favor ayúdenme cuando uso Instagram se abre para cualquier cosa se abre solo, soy premium lo desinstale pero sigu...

•   Plan  Premium País  Chile Dispositivo  Motorola z2 Sistema operativo Andorid   Mi pregunta o problema Se me reproduce solo se abre sin permiso por favor ayúdenme...
  • AndresM
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there a way to add local files to 'Your Music?'

Long story short, I have over 1000 songs on my phone, and I was wondering if there's an easy way to add them onto my Spotify music so I delete them from my phone. Right now I've had to search for each song or artist individually but that takes foreve...

• Long story short, I have over 1000 songs on my phone, and I was wondering if there's an easy way to add them onto my Spotify music so I delete them from my phone. Right now I've had to search for eac...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't find audio controls

After some minutes listening to Spotify and after switching to other apps the audio controls disappear, I can't play or forward to any song, however current playlist is still playing. I'm using a Galaxy S21. Thanks

• Visitor
  • After some minutes listening to Spotify and after switching to other apps the audio controls disappear, I can't play or forward to any song, however current playlist is still playing. I'm using a Gal...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

The same radio from song playlist sync with delay on windows and android

When I go to song radio on pc (Windows 10) and phone (Realme 6 pro, android 10), on phone I can see that song that plays on pc are not in the song radio on mobile. This leads to problem that if you choose on pc to play song on mobile and choose song ...

• When I go to song radio on pc (Windows 10) and phone (Realme 6 pro, android 10), on phone I can see that song that plays on pc are not in the song radio on mobile. This leads to problem that if you c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android Auto Songs Playlist
    syncing issue
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't see or control what I am listening to.

Starting in the last week, Spotify often doesn't show me what I am listening to - in the app or in notification drop down. I not only don't see what I'm playing, I cannot interact with it at all. The only way I can stop playback is to reboot my phone...

• Casual Listener
  • Starting in the last week, Spotify often doesn't show me what I am listening to - in the app or in notification drop down. I not only don't see what I'm playing, I cannot interact with it at all. The...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

For those trying to get Spotify on Android to work with BMW Connected Drive...

None of the below information Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I know everyone struggles to get Spotify to work on BMW Connected Drive. I am just wondering if Spotify is giving any attention to the issue? The last version that worked...

• Casual Listener
  • None of the below information  Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  I know everyone struggles to get Spotify to work on BMW Connected Drive. I am just wondering i...
  • Mynciboi
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    BMW
    BMW Connected Drive
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Mein Hörbuch läuft nicht in Reihenfolge ab

Wenn ich ein Hörbuch runtergeladen habe läuft es nicht nach Reihenfolge sondern drucheinander. Das nervt.

• Visitor
  • Wenn ich ein Hörbuch runtergeladen habe läuft es nicht nach Reihenfolge sondern drucheinander. Das nervt.
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I'm living un Spain, but Spotify put me in France. Allí ads are in French,

I'm living in Spain, but Spotify put me in France. All ads are in French, with no possibility to change to Spanish or even English.

• Visitor
  • I'm living in Spain, but Spotify put me in France. All ads are in French, with no possibility to change to Spanish or even English.
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App Crash when Near By Device Setting is on

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSony Xperia 5 Mark III , Bose NC 700Operating SystemAndroid 12, Spotify Rev: 8.7.16.1354My Question or IssueMy app recently just keep crashing and force close every time I have my headphone (Bose NC 700) connected. I fou...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Sony Xperia 5 Mark III , Bose NC 700 Operating System Android 12, Spotify Rev: 8.7.16.1354 My Question or Issue My app recently just keep crashing and forc...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 29 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Android 12
    Nearby device
  • 29 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution I have made the payment not through the requested money on upi.

I have made the payment for premium by mistakenly paying to spotify upi. Not thr Spotify requested money on upi. Can you please help me

• Visitor
  • I have made the payment for premium by mistakenly paying to spotify upi. Not thr Spotify requested money on upi. Can you please help me
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My Spotify won't pause at ALL or turn OFF, keeps playing the music I have t

My Spotify won't pause at ALL or turn OFF, keeps playing the music, doesn't give me an option to stop playing the music, I have to uninstall the application every time, so annoying, then i have to install it againcan somebody please help?

• Visitor
  • My Spotify won't pause at ALL or turn OFF, keeps playing the music, doesn't give me an option to stop playing the music, I have to uninstall the application every time, so annoying, then i have to i...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution no in-app icons beeing displayed

PlanPremiumCountryDeviceXioami Mi 10 ProOperating SystemAndroid 11 - Miui 12 V.12.2.3.0My Question or Issueafter proceeding my software update, i finaly wanted to hear so nice music. But then i started the app and there is no icons beeing displayed. ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Device Xioami Mi 10 Pro Operating System Android 11 - Miui 12 V.12.2.3.0 My Question or Issue after proceeding my software update, i finaly wanted to hear so nice mus...
  • Yordan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes