Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

[Android] Force System Seevice

Solved!

[Android] Force System Seevice

First off, THIS IS NOT SPAM and I AM NOT SPAMMING, I AM ADDING AN IDEA, please stop deleting or I will add this every day or do you want me to speek like cave man keep on platform?

Now, to keep this short and down to a literal bare minimum so this is not marked as spam. Add a Force System Service to the settings for Android. My audio tends to have issues skipping. Would love to add more details but every time I do it gets deleted.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Been through this lingo with the support staff already a few times, if you look on my file one such matter is recent.

However, all "reinstalling", "clear data", "clear cache" does is postpone the issue as it is ever present. I have also done all I can on my end, with exception to factory resetting the device effected. Anything you mention as a potential "fix" I have done. This issue actually sits on Spotify's side and how it runs on the device that would have the issue.

I have also completely unrestricted Spotify in anything power or usage related and it still does it.

Sadly, nothing provided can help.

If my phone was rooted, a plausible fix would to give Spotify elevated priority over other operations within the Android operating system and tweak how that app runs in the foreground and background with application profiles. However, my experience in elevating these in the past on other devices have caused undesirable results.

The "Clean Install" you speak of, I have done, upto going into the Android Filesystem and deleting the folders associated with Spotify.

No, this is issue is not present on any other devices I use Spotify with, just with My Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

The application is always kept up to date.

As mentioned prior, Spotify has been unrestricted and can do whatever it wants as set by settings.

In conclusion, it rests on Spotify and how it is allowed to operate with the device(s) ecosystem that it meets with this particular issue. My suspicion is that the application is allowing the "Main Service" (found using developer options) to be suspended.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @FenrirWolff,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

Since your audio tends to have issues skipping, as a first step we'd recommend to try performing a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. It'll get you the latest app version with all necessary updates and fixes and remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Secondly, it'd be great to test if the issue persist when using another Android device. 

Lastly, on some devices, battery life is preferred over functionality and it's worth checking this website to find steps for your Android. 

We also appreciate you taking the time to report this and share your feedback with us. We'll make sure to pass it onto the right team and we'll work on improving the functionality together with Android, as Spotify constantly strives to refine the user experience.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Marked as solution

Been through this lingo with the support staff already a few times, if you look on my file one such matter is recent.

However, all "reinstalling", "clear data", "clear cache" does is postpone the issue as it is ever present. I have also done all I can on my end, with exception to factory resetting the device effected. Anything you mention as a potential "fix" I have done. This issue actually sits on Spotify's side and how it runs on the device that would have the issue.

I have also completely unrestricted Spotify in anything power or usage related and it still does it.

Sadly, nothing provided can help.

If my phone was rooted, a plausible fix would to give Spotify elevated priority over other operations within the Android operating system and tweak how that app runs in the foreground and background with application profiles. However, my experience in elevating these in the past on other devices have caused undesirable results.

The "Clean Install" you speak of, I have done, upto going into the Android Filesystem and deleting the folders associated with Spotify.

No, this is issue is not present on any other devices I use Spotify with, just with My Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

The application is always kept up to date.

As mentioned prior, Spotify has been unrestricted and can do whatever it wants as set by settings.

In conclusion, it rests on Spotify and how it is allowed to operate with the device(s) ecosystem that it meets with this particular issue. My suspicion is that the application is allowing the "Main Service" (found using developer options) to be suspended.

Hey @FenrirWolff,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, let us know the OS version of your Samsung, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

Also, and if possible; it would be great if you could record a short video where we can take a better look at the issue you're describing. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it). This way, we'll have a better look at the issue. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The only bit of information I can provide you is that I am running *Android 12* and the application version is *8.7.92.521*.

However, much like in another post I made on another issue as that issue is also happening to me, any form of recording, starting a debugger and or any not mentioned here actually causes Spotify to "behave" till it is complete or the task is stopped.

Much like I have been mentioning, repeatedly, over and over again (read issue and chosen answer), the issue results in either the main service is allowed to be suspended while music is being played or there is some sort of storage anomaly or bug not yet found by the development team.

Suggested posts