Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have changed my playlist cover, but when I share it on messenger or instagram story there is old

I have changed my playlist cover, but when I share it on messenger or instagram story there is old

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Mi 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

I changed my playlist cover on my PC. It loaded fine on the phone and also on computer, however when I shared it to my friend at first, there was an old cover, but when she opened it, there was a new cover. I don't know why this is happening.

Screenshot_2020-06-18-18-42-23-007_com.spotify.music.jpg
Screenshot_2020-06-18-18-42-34-217_com.instagram.android.jpg
2 Replies

Hi Mobiler!

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

Unfortunately, for now, the option to share a playlist on Instagram with its custom artwork is not available. This is why you see default four-tile album artwork
instead.

Further, keep in mind that the artwork that shows up instead displays the first 4 album covers that were added to your playlist. This would explain why you don't see the album covers of any new tracks you've added to that playlist.

On another note, if you'd enjoy having the option to share the custom artwork for your playlists instead of default four-tile one you're seeing, we'd suggest heading here and adding your +VOTE

If you'd like more information on how the Ideas Exchange works, make sure to head here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

this is ridiculous, it's 2022 but this is still not implemented, this is not a rocket science. seems that if the playlist is created by spotify, it will show the custom cover picture, but if the playlist is created by someone else even the artist itself, the custom cover picture does not show.

Suggested posts