Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I literally can't log in on my android phone

I literally can't log in on my android phone

I tried Facebook login and regular login, it just goes to a black screen. I'm on a pixel 6 Pro, downloaded the app from the play store 

8 Replies

Hi @sid9103

Can you log in from another device? 

Also, can you ask a friend or a family member to try logging in your phone, to see if it's something related to the device or to your account?

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My Sonos is playing fine (via the sonos app) on the same account. But I can't control it via my Spotify app. 

Oh, so you CAN log in but you're facing problems connecting your phone to your Sonos speaker, is that it?

If so, try the troubleshooting steps on the Sonos app. I've been through this a few times and it's always something related to the Sonos app and/or the Wi-Fi network.

Also, make sure both apps are updated!

BittencourtSpotify Star

The Sonos app on my phone is working fine and playing my music on the speaker. The Spotify app won't even let me log in even to play on my phone. 

Ok, @sid9103,

Can you reinstall the Spotify app to see if it helps?

BittencourtSpotify Star

I did that. It still doesn't work. 

Ok @sid9103,

In this case it would be a good idea to clear the cached files in your phone following the steps in this support article.

You can also try to connect to another Wi-Fi network or ask somebody to start a hotspot for you and try using that network to see if you'll experience this again.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

I had a very simular problem and here is what I did that helped. 

I bought a Pixel 6 (Andriod 14) in the UK and brought it to South Africa and Spofity was unable log in at all. I would add my log in details and it would go black screen with the loading dots doing its thing until I give up and close the app. 

There were lots of posts about changing the location on your browser and that solved the problem. But those solutions were posted years ago and the way to change it was not the same anymore. 

What worked for me: 

I changed my password from my Desktop app. 

I used to have characters such as <=> in my password, which is a character that is normally found as part of code. This could have caused the problem. I am not sure. It shouldn't. but when I changed my password, I was able to log in. 

Other things I have done that did not work

• Restart the phone
  • Uninstall Spotify
  • Use a different network
  • Wait
  • Log in to Spotify using your phone number, basically creating a new profile, then log out and try again.
  • During this time I was logged into Spotify from my Laptop with the account.
  • Change Location settings on my phone's Chrome.

Suggested posts