Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify no longer playing sound through Android Auto

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy A51Operating SystemAndroid 11 One UI 3.1 My Question or IIssue Spotify no longer plays sound when plugged in via USB and used through Android Auto. The song plays, the track is counting through but there's no ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy A51 Operating System Android 11   One UI 3.1   My Question or IIssue   Spotify no longer plays sound when plugged in via USB ...
  • ciaranj
  • Casual Listener
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution notification language is different than on phone/app

when I get a notification on my phone from spotify, the little text/message/listen to etc. below the song/podcast notification shows a different language than set in the spotify app, spotify browser and my mobile phone. The notification language show...

• Visitor
  • when I get a notification on my phone from spotify, the little text/message/listen to etc. below the song/podcast notification shows a different language than set in the spotify app, spotify browser ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Please make it possible to remove widget on Android 11

Please make it an option to remove widget from screen. Even if you go to widgets and switch it off, or turn off all notifications from Spotify, it's still there. Many people have complained about this, please do something about it.

• Visitor
  • Please make it an option to remove widget from screen. Even if you go to widgets and switch it off, or turn off all notifications from Spotify, it's still there. Many people have complained about thi...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't disable shuffle play in Daily Mix

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueGo to "Liked songs" section, click "shuffle & play", now go to any "Daily Mix" and play it - songs will play in random order and you can't disable it unle...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Go to "Liked songs" section, click "shuffle & play", now go to any "Daily ...
  • j-MIND
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Daily Mix always plays in shuffle mode

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Note 10Operating SystemAndroid 9 (Pie)Spotify version: 8.5.32.889 My Question or IssueLately, my Daily Mixes will only seem to play in shuffle mode. That is, they do not play in the order seen on the Daily Mix list....

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Note 10 Operating System Android 9 (Pie) Spotify version: 8.5.32.889   My Question or Issue Lately, my Daily Mixes will only seem to  play...
  • j-MIND
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

remeber last played song of playlist

PlanPremium Operating SystemAndroid Oreo Hi, when I am playing songs of a playlist A in an ordered fashion (album, my favorite songs, a audio book, etc.), switch listening to an other playlist B and then switch back to playlist A, I would like to con...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Android Oreo   Hi, when I am playing songs of  a playlist A in an ordered fashion (album, my favorite songs, a audio book, etc.), switch list...
  • squidgewinkle
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

App just won't open

PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceTCL 20 Pro 5G / Nothing 1 My Question or IssueWhen I open the app, it asks me to log in. I enter the correct login details and I just get the green swirl for a few minutes and get the "something went wrong" message. Thi...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Ireland Device TCL 20 Pro 5G / Nothing 1   My Question or Issue When I open the app, it asks me to log in. I enter the correct login details and I just get the green...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Music coming out of the wrong output on Bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceGoogle Pixel 7 ProOperating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or IssueSo I've noticed if I have Bluetooth headphones connected and get in my car, the car Bluetooth takes over, as expected. However, if I get out of the car, the ph...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Google Pixel 7 Pro Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue So I've noticed if I have Bluetooth headphones connected and get in my car, the car...
  • rishnet
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tracks stopping

Hello,I like to listen to audiobooks. Recently, all tracks stop after about a minute. Sometimes the next one follows, but often something is played. These "random hits" do not come from the files I listen to. What is the reason for this and how can I...

• Hello, I like to listen to audiobooks. Recently, all tracks stop after about a minute. Sometimes the next one follows, but often something is played. These "random hits" do not come from the files I...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

unsolicited Spotify launch in the car

There's one problem that a lot of people have been dealing with for years, and Spotify is completely ignoring it. Only very incompetent and incredibly stupid answers come from Spotify.... Brief recap of the problem: I get in my car, turn on the radio...

• Casual Listener
  • There's one problem that a lot of people have been dealing with for years, and Spotify is completely ignoring it. Only very incompetent and incredibly stupid answers come from Spotify.... Brief recap...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Crashes, with the new tiles. When the phone is off or is leaves the app

I enjoy listening to music during my nine hours shift but whenever I scroll even one tile I was down with your new ui. It crashes within a minute of leaving the app or turning off the phone. I'm on a Motorola one 5g UW

• I enjoy listening to music during my nine hours shift but whenever I scroll even one tile I was down with your new ui. It crashes within a minute of leaving the app or turning off the phone. I'm...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Deine Folgen

Hallo.In meiner Bibliothek wird im Podcast Ordner "Deine Folgen" angezeigt das sich neun Folgen darin befinden. Der Ordner ist aber leer.Wo liegt denn hier der Fehler?Es wäre ja schön wenn der Ordner leer ist, dass es auch so angezeigt wird.LG Stefan

• Visitor
  • Hallo. In meiner Bibliothek wird im Podcast Ordner "Deine Folgen" angezeigt das sich neun Folgen darin befinden. Der Ordner ist aber leer. Wo liegt denn hier der Fehler? Es wäre ja schön wenn der ...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to sort songs in the andoid app?

Surely the only option can't be swiping them up and down on the list? On the desktop you can sort them by e.x. added date? This used to be a feature. My playlists have hundreds of song, nobody has the time to sort all the songs one by one.

• Visitor
  • Surely the only option can't be swiping them up and down on the list? On the desktop you can sort them by e.x. added date? This used to be a feature. My playlists have hundreds of song, nobody has th...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio quality settings make no difference

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceXiaomi Operating SystemAndroid 13 My Question or Issue Audio quality settings make no difference. If I select low or very high, the quality is the same.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device Xiaomi  Operating System Android 13   My Question or Issue   Audio quality settings make no difference. If I select low or very high, the ...
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Android Auto plays current song and then starts back at the beginning of the list

Plan: PremiumCountry: USDevice: Samsung Galasy S22Operating System: Android v13 My Question or IssueI play all my playlists via the sorted order as the shuffle play stinks. When I get into my car lately it will play the current song set up on my last...

• Roadie
  • Plan: Premium Country: US Device: Samsung Galasy S22 Operating System: Android v13   My Question or Issue I play all my playlists via the sorted order as the shuffle play stinks.&nbs...
  • bdawg923
  • Gig Goer
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Andoird Auto
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't scroll Liked Songs filters

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20Operating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueWhen I go to my Liked Songs playlist I cannot scroll the filters to see the other filters in the list. I can pick a filter, but only the ones that are visi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Samsung Galaxy S20 Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue When I go to my Liked Songs playlist I cannot scroll the filters to see the oth...
  • Kennethjk3
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify Connect - Not all devices show up

I have a Vizio Smartcast sound bar and Amazon Echo that I use to play music from my Samsung android device. Initially connect worked perfectly, showing both devices. However, the majority of the time spotify will only show me one device as being avai...

• I have a Vizio Smartcast sound bar and Amazon Echo that I use to play music from my Samsung android device. Initially connect worked perfectly, showing both devices. However, the majority of the time...
  • JordanR1_
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Android
    Chromecast Android
    Connect
    Echo
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution ‘No Internet Connection’ and app homepage not loading since March 22nd

Hey all. Since March 22nd, the Spotify app on my mobile device (Oppo A54) has not been working correctly. When I open the app the homepage doesn’t load, all I see is the banner ‘No Internet Connection Available.’ All the works is the Library tab.To t...

• Hey all. Since March 22nd, the Spotify app on my mobile device (Oppo A54) has not been working correctly. When I open the app the homepage doesn’t load, all I see is the banner ‘No Internet Connectio...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Diable Spotify Connect pop-ups

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceMoto G Stylus 5GOperating SystemAndroid 12 My Question or IssueCan you guys PLEASE make an option to disable those infernal Spotify Connect pop-ups? I've been a Spotify user for 8 years, I don't need a pop-up every 3 or 4 so...

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Moto G Stylus 5G Operating System Android 12   My Question or Issue Can you guys PLEASE make an option to disable those infernal Spotify Connect pop-ups?...
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't update app from Hornor device

I can't listen to my downloads in fly mode. And I can't update my app through google store, it says the app isn't compatible with your device. My device is HONOR V30 PRO which can't use google play actually. Where can I get an apk package of Spotify?...

• I can't listen to my downloads in fly mode. And I can't update my app through google store, it says the app isn't compatible with your device. My device is HONOR V30 PRO which can't use google play a...
  • matibhota
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes