Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've decided - after several frustrating years - to give up on Spotify for Android

I've decided - after several frustrating years - to give up on Spotify for Android

I don't have anything illuminating to say that hasnt already been extensively covered here or on 'get satisfaction' , but after several years (I'm not sure how many exactly) of suffering with every version of the app on several different phones I've finally given up. When the most recent update came I thought that Spotify had finally gotten their act together but it wasnt long before I was experiencing serious issues and constantly clearing my cache, reinstalling, re-syncing etc., I'm sure you know the drill. 

I've cancelled my premium subscription and re-subscribed more times than I care to remember in the last year or so, but a few weeks ago I decided to opt out of Spotify's years-long Android quasi-beta program and go completely cold Turkey. It's been great, I'm back to using MP3s and I don't spend hours and hours every week trying to coax the spotify mobile app into working properly. I was a huge Spotify advocate for a long time and had high hopes for its future on Android but I guess it wasnt to be, now I can only listen bitterly as my friends discuss their relatively painless experience with Spotify on iOS, made worse by the fact that I gifted a a subscription to two of them as Christmas presents : ' (

So thank you Spotify for years of frustration, I'll continue to use your desktop app until I can find a replacement, but I feel like I've been made a fool out of by your android offering one too many times to take you back.

All the best 

0 Replies

Suggested posts