Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cant login with new app

I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my details. Tried reinstalling and clearing data, but to no ...

• Casual Listener
  • I updated my android app today, but after installing, it wont let me see the facebook loging screen. When i try to use spotify login screen it just gets stuck on "logging in", after i enter my detail...
  • Woody78
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundrop for Android

Hi Folks, I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a standalone app, may not for Australia. Does anyone have a su...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Folks,  I'm in Australia and love Soundrop via Spotify. Trouble is I want it on my Asus Converter and I can get it! I've seen poting suggesting that Soundrop is on the Android MArket as a sta...
  • Afront
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

paid for premium but havent got it

I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this Error 500 - Internal server error. Can you help me getting premium to my phone?

• I have bought premium (june 5th), but now the app and my user at the computer tells me that i havent premium. And i cant see my receipts, there is only this  Error 500 - Internal server error....
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Droid Bionic not showing up under "Devices" for wireless sync.

Hi all, My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both mobile and desktop client, I'm on the same wireless network an...

• Hi all,   My Bionic used to show up wirelessly and I've been able to sync properly, but as of the latest update, it doesn't show up at all. I've force closed, uninstalled, re-installed both ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth and Spotify

Hello all. I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection. Previous to this latest update, there were no issues with Spotify. However, now...

• Hello all.  I connect my HTC One S with the stock stereo system in my 2010 Mazda 3 via bluetooth, and I listen to music on Spotify in my car via that bluetooth connection.  Previous to this...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! All tracks unavailable help!

I've really gotten into spotify the past few months; it's revolutionary. I have it working on both of my windows machines, but unfortunately on my galaxy nexus I get the "Track is unavailable" error whenever I try to play anything. I've uninstalled, ...

• I've really gotten into spotify the past few months; it's revolutionary. I have it working on both of my windows machines, but unfortunately on my galaxy nexus I get the "Track is unavailable" error ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! sincronizar listas offline en SD externa

Buenas, alguien sabe como hacer que las listas offline se almacenen en la SD externa en la nueva actualizacion para moviles android? en la version anterior era muy facil pero en esta no encuentro la manera de hacerlo y siguiendo las instrucciones que...

• Casual Listener
  • Buenas, alguien sabe como hacer que las listas offline se almacenen en la SD externa en la nueva actualizacion para moviles android? en la version anterior era muy facil pero en esta no encuentro la ...
  • N57Rush
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Choose External SD to save datas ..... Impossible ?

Hi all, I do not find, in the new app, how to do to choose external SD as destination for my songs ... I have a Galaxy S2 (so 16Go inside), plus a 32Go Sdcard, I would like to choose this sd card to save spotify'xs songs .... It was possible in the o...

• Regular
  • Hi all, I do not find, in the new app, how to do to choose external SD as destination for my songs ... I have a Galaxy S2 (so 16Go inside), plus a 32Go Sdcard, I would like to choose this sd card...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folders all mixed up on Android

Dear Spotify, Our family uses Spottily with grate pleasure, and when the function arose to sort the playlists in folders we did thought to give it a shot. Each family member has a folder of his or her own, which works perfectly fine on the windows ap...

• Dear Spotify,   Our family uses Spottily with grate pleasure, and when the function arose to sort the playlists in folders we did thought to give it a shot. Each family member has a fol...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[REQUEST / ATTENTION] Use the search before posting new threads of issues

People! There are a lot of issues with the software. If everyone created a new thread for the problems and the problem is solved in one thread -> other threads might never get the Solved answer or resolution. I wish everyone would FIRST try the searc...

• Community Legend
  • People!   There are a lot of issues with the software. If everyone created a new thread for the problems and the problem is solved in one thread -> other threads might never get the Solve...
  • neo-x
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

New App is Non-Functional

Just downloaded the app update on my Samsung Droid Charge. It doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it five times already. And everytime I open it, all I get is a white screen and a crash report within thirty seconds. Anyone have a similar p...

• Casual Listener
  • Just downloaded the app update on my Samsung Droid Charge. It doesn't work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it five times already. And everytime I open it, all I get is a white screen and a crash re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist stops playing when in background

The update for the Spotify works great except for this one problem. I'll play a song in my starred playlist (or any playlist for that matter), then get off the app so the playlist is playing in the background, then when a certain song is done, the ne...

• Casual Listener
  • The update for the Spotify works great except for this one problem. I'll play a song in my starred playlist (or any playlist for that matter), then get off the app so the playlist is playing in the b...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding a whole album to playlist.

Is it possible to download whole albums into a playlist as in previous versions? I can save individual tracks but not whole albums into an existing playlist. The only option ican see is ''add as playlist''. Also the lack of landscape mode is rubbish ...

• Regular
  • Is it possible to download whole albums into a playlist as in previous versions? I can save individual tracks but not whole albums into an existing playlist. The only option ican see is ''add as pla...
  • cinematique
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

galaxy nexus- spotify backround

without overtly changing anything, now my backround on my phone is white, with light gray lettering. any ideas how I can change this back to black/dark backround and white lettering.... something that I can actually read? tu

• Casual Listener
  • without overtly changing anything, now my backround on my phone is white, with light gray lettering.  any ideas how I can change this back to black/dark backround and white lettering.... somethi...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! BIG PROBLEM! Since last update on android

Since the big update a few days ago, I've not been able to start my spotify app on my Samsung galaxy s2. Just bought premium and going to Spain in a few days so fast help would be nice The problem is that when I start spotify it just freezes and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Since the big update a few days ago, I've not been able to start my spotify app on my Samsung galaxy s2. Just bought premium and going to Spain in a few days so fast help would be nice   The...
  • StricheN
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files, Playlists on SD and Exit button?

I thought that new versions of applications should be better than the previous. The new Android app may be better than the old one but where is the good previous functions like synchronizing Local files and save playlists on the SD card! /Peter Premi...

• Regular
  • I thought that new versions of applications should be better than the previous. The new Android app may be better than the old one but where is the good previous functions like synchronizing Local fi...
  • Peterspotifyand
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

No songs will play at all on android app

Every time I search for a song (before and after update) it comes up in grey and I click on it it says 'the track is not available' it happens for everything and I havn.t seen another thread like this before, any suggestions? Phone : Samsung Galaxy S...

• Casual Listener
  • Every time I search for a song (before and after update) it comes up in grey and I click on it it says 'the track is not available' it happens for everything and I havn.t seen another threa...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Storing offline songs on SD Card in Galaxy Note

Hi Spotify Community, has anyone fogured out how to store the offline files on SD Card? The FAQ solutions does not work with the latest app. It asks for you to select "more" and then settings but there is no longer a "More" option and no storage opti...

• Visitor
  • Hi Spotify Community,   has anyone fogured out how to store the offline files on SD Card? The FAQ solutions does not work with the latest app. It asks for you to select "more" and then setti...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

So... where'd the exit button go?

Samsung Epic 4g on Sprint. Just got the new update for Spotify Android. Looks nice, took a small bit of getting used to at first, but now I've noticed something. I cant find the **bleep** exit button, it's not where it used to be in the menu options,...

• Samsung Epic 4g on Sprint.   Just got the new update for Spotify Android.  Looks nice, took a small bit of getting used to at first, but now I've noticed something.   I cant fi...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd playlist loading display issue in Android preview app

I have the new preview app installed on my Android phone and just noticed this odd little issue.I added two playlists to Spotify on my Mac, and then started the app on my phone.The new playlists showed there with the text "Loading" in place on the ti...

• Roadie
  • I have the new preview app installed on my Android phone and just noticed this odd little issue. I added two playlists to Spotify on my Mac, and then started the app on my phone. The new playlists ...
  • alzoxp
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes