Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I have just got my new Samsung Galaxy Ace S from virgin mobile on contract and i was also given 3 months free premium with the phone and it worked fine for 2 days and now it wont let me listen to my music and im not wasiting my phone memory to sync a...

• Regular
  • I have just got my new Samsung Galaxy Ace S from virgin mobile on contract and i was also given 3 months free premium with the phone and it worked fine for 2 days and now it wont let me listen to my ...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't log in with my Spotify log in

I can not use my normal spotify log in to log with my android. I can only log in with my facebook account. Every time I try to log on with my spotify account it will say: Spotify Mobile consumes large amouints of data.If you stream music over mobile ...

• Music Fan
  • I can not use my normal spotify log in to log with my android. I can only log in with my facebook account.  Every time I try to log on with my spotify account it will say:   Spotify Mobi...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! Cant get out of offline mode!!!!!!

I have not been able to sync to my mobile for two weeks, I have been stuck in offline mode. I have connected over Wi-fi and over my Virgin Mobile Lg Optimus V Cellular network.I have restarted my phone.Checked to make sure the app was allowed to acce...

• Casual Listener
  • I have not been able to sync to my mobile for two weeks, I have been stuck in offline mode.   I have connected over Wi-fi and over my Virgin Mobile Lg Optimus V Cellular network. I have resta...
  • CBas
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't go online

Hi I'm a Premium account holder. I use S primarily on my Galaxy s2(Android ICS). Can't now go online at all to add new tunes to Playlists etc. Also, Spotify is not recognising my phone under 'Devices' on my PC. Help! Steve

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm a Premium account holder. I use S primarily on my Galaxy s2(Android ICS). Can't now go online at all to add new tunes to Playlists etc. Also, Spotify is not recognising my phone under...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Adds and faulty spotify service

Hi, In response to a serious issue that some people have already brought to your attention I must summarize it. The latest addon/change you have made is seriously compromising the usability of your service. When I as a paying customer get kicked out ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   In response to a serious issue that some people have already brought to your attention I must summarize it.   The latest addon/change you have made is seriously compromising ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! frequent force closings at random

I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. For the past week, almost everytime I use Spotify Premium it has been force closing when I'm not listening to local tracks through the program. The program either shuts down completely or it reverts to the main me...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. For the past week, almost everytime I use Spotify Premium it has been force closing when I'm not listening to local tracks through the program. The program either...
  • Sam
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

When in offline mode, local files are greyed out but can still be played.

Spotify Mobile:0.4.12.180 (but it's been there since at least 0.4.04)When in offline mode, local files are greyed out but can still be played. This makes it tricky to work out which are local files and which are not.Here are some screenshots to illus...

• Roadie
  • Spotify Mobile:0.4.12.180 (but it's been there since at least 0.4.04) When in offline mode, local files are greyed out but can still be played. This makes it tricky to work out which are local ...
  • bradavon
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Problem with use on Galaxy ||

I have just bought Spotify and is a new user. It works very well on my computer.When I log in on my phone Spotify is locked, it is tryinh to sync a playlist I do not have anymore. Nothing else thsn quit is working. Can someone help me?

• I have just bought Spotify and is a new user. It works very well on my computer. When I log in on my phone Spotify is locked, it is tryinh to sync a playlist I do not have anymore. Nothing else thsn...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify keeps crashing after I add or star a track?!

Hey, I use version: 0.4.12.180 on an Android device running Android version 2.3.7.Every time I add, remove or star a song and then wait a couple of seconds the spotify app crashes.. I thought it might have been my last phone but I recently switched p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey,    I use version: 0.4.12.180 on an Android device running Android version 2.3.7. Every time I add, remove or star a song and then wait a couple of seconds the spotify app crashes.. ...
  • ivanut
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 5 likes

Solved!! Going online crashes my android client.

Had the most annoying bug the last two days. Whenever my phone connects to the internet my spotify client closes. I have been able to get the app to stay open on my Galaxy S2 by setting my phone to flight mode. But I am unable to connect and have the...

• Had the most annoying bug the last two days. Whenever my phone connects to the internet my spotify client closes. I have been able to get the app to stay open on my Galaxy S2 by setting my phone to f...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

TROUBLE WITH SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS ANDROID ICE CREAM SANDWICH

Hello to All, I have a premiun spotify account and run uncorrectly in my Galaxy Nexus device, WHY?? first, I hate each time when spotify try to sing in with facebook account, why? I dont have facebook and I wont . Second, when I listen my favorite li...

• Hello to All,   I have a premiun spotify account and run uncorrectly in my Galaxy Nexus device, WHY??   first, I hate each time when spotify try to sing in with facebook account, why? I...
  • BeastFilipino
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug? Weird quirk?

this is the Spotify Android Beta. on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus Something I've noticed is when I play music and then stop. If I leave it idle for more than say 10 minutes after I reopen it it's at the now playing screen with no track playing. It used to ...

• this is the Spotify Android Beta. on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus  Something I've noticed is when I play music and then stop. If I leave it idle for more than say 10 minutes after I reopen it it's at...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Mode

Alright, lets give this another try (Internal Server error 500) I am a Spotify Premium user, username madbadger89 As of two days ago, my Spotify on my Android Evo handset went into offline mode, and will not return even though I have an active Wifi c...

• Alright, lets give this another try (Internal Server error 500)   I am a Spotify Premium user, username madbadger89   As of two days ago, my Spotify on my Android Evo handset went into ...
  • blazarus
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeating Data Warning

I just installed the spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile and after logging into my facebook account. A warning pops up warning me not to use too much data. When I hit ok, it keeps popping up, and it won't stop. This is preventing me fr...

• I just installed the spotify app on my Samsung Galaxy S II for T-Mobile and after logging into my facebook account. A warning pops up warning me not to use too much data. When I hit ok, it keeps popp...
  • Spyke
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Diveice not found - Galaxy Note

Hello,my computer does not find my device Galaxy Note. No sync! Made a new playlist but I can´t get to my Android. I do not use ICS . I use the same WIFI network. I do not use _Spotify Beta version .

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my computer does not find my device Galaxy Note. No sync! Made a new playlist but I can´t get to my Android. I do not use ICS . I use the same WIFI network. I do not use _Spotify Beta version...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New Android app + ICS

I've installed the new android app, I can Synchronised my playlists frm Spotify (linux or Win) but the files don't download on the phone.

• Casual Listener
  • I've installed the new android app, I can Synchronised my playlists frm Spotify (linux or Win) but the files don't download on the phone.
  • craPkit
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Preview app - glitches on returning to app

Hey all, I changed my phone so that it could receive unknown sources for the Spotify android app preview. But when I attempt to download it it says it was unsuccessful. What am I doing wrong here?

• Hey all,  I changed my phone so that it could receive unknown sources for the Spotify android app preview.  But when I attempt to download it it says it was unsuccessful.  What am I d...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Preview Bugs & Suggestions (Now Playing & Widget)

Hi! First, I LOVE the new layout on Android. And the biggest bug in the previous version (app force closing when adding a song to a playlist) has been fixed so thanks for that! One thing I've noticed is that if the last screen I was using on the app ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! First, I LOVE the new layout on Android. And the biggest bug in the previous version (app force closing when adding a song to a playlist) has been fixed so thanks for that!   One thing I'v...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android APP HTC won't go online - also,

i've seen several notes about people having trouble with the spotify app on several other devices, but nothing similar to my case: My spotify APP works fine, using a HTC Desire Z. But it stopped updating my playlists about 6 days ago. the APP won't g...

• Casual Listener
  • i've seen several notes about people having trouble with the spotify app on several other devices, but nothing similar to my case:   My spotify APP works fine, using a HTC Desire Z. But it sto...
  • zerokell
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes