Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! no puedo sincronizar

Hola, me e bajado el spofify para mi tablet, al principio me dejava escuchar la musica pero ja no puedo escuchar musica en mi tablet androit (samsung) .Se me abre un pestaña que pone informacion y OK, nada mas. ¿Que puedo hacer?

• Hola, me e bajado el spofify para mi tablet, al principio me dejava escuchar la musica pero ja no puedo escuchar musica en mi tablet androit (samsung) . Se me abre un pestaña que pone informacion y ...
  • Patricia
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify (both official and preview) goes online-offline-online-offline and then stays offline

I have a Transformer Prime running Ice Cream Sandwich. When I start up Spotify, it goes online for a brief while (0.1sec?) and then the offline bar at the bottom of the screen appears, then the "offline bar" disappears, and returns, and goes away, an...

• Visitor
  • I have a Transformer Prime running Ice Cream Sandwich. When I start up Spotify, it goes online for a brief while (0.1sec?) and then the offline bar at the bottom of the screen appears, then the "offl...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

spotify preview app android gets stuck on song screen

When I get a phone and go back to app, I an stuck in song screen and app won't go to list view. App killer doesn't work to reinit app, I have to reboot the phone. What's up with that?

• Regular
  • When I get a phone and go back to app, I an stuck in song screen and app won't go to list view. App killer doesn't work to reinit app, I have to reboot the phone. What's up with that?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App gives me the flat rate warning on login, but nothing happens

Sorry for the cryptic title. The app has apperantly logged me off, but when I try to log back in, it gives me a warning saying "spotify uses a lot of data, remember to get a flat rate". When I press OK, the same warning comes up again, and this happe...

• Casual Listener
  • Sorry for the cryptic title.   The app has apperantly logged me off, but when I try to log back in, it gives me a warning saying "spotify uses a lot of data, remember to get a flat rate". When...
  • BjarkeK
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with Offline mode

I syncronized my spotify pc playlists on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and its all on the phone now, but i cannot run the music in offline mode although i purchased premium 2 days ago. Some songs are played just a few seconds and then stop or they arent playe...

• I syncronized my spotify pc playlists on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and its all on the phone now, but i cannot run the music in offline mode although i purchased premium 2 days ago. Some songs are played j...
  • veroblues
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Track currently not available in your region, what to do?

Hi, I've been experiencing some problems with playing some songs on my SE Xperia X10 mini pro.I get the following message "This track is currently not available in your region". The same songs are playable on my computer. The dummy-solution seems to ...

• Hi,   I've been experiencing some problems with playing some songs on my SE Xperia X10 mini pro. I get the following message "This track is currently not available in your region". The same s...
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes

App crash/freeze - Android 4.03, Samsung Glaaxy SII

Hi, I had Spotify working fine on my old Gingerbread, but since upgrading to Android4.03, I can no longer open the app - it freezes and/or crashes. I have tried clearing the cache, and uninstalling/reinstalling several times. Is there any way round t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I had Spotify working fine on my old Gingerbread, but since upgrading to Android4.03, I can no longer open the app - it freezes and/or crashes. I have tried clearing the cache, and unins...
  • Razlikh
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Losing Synchronization of playlists

Hi, On Samsung Galaxy S2, I'm losing synchronization of offline playlists all the time. I have to re-tick offline playlist boxes and re-sync twice a day. A nightmare (I have more than 3,000 songs). It has been working well until a few days ago. Any i...

• Hi,   On Samsung Galaxy S2, I'm losing synchronization of offline playlists all the time. I have to re-tick offline playlist boxes and re-sync twice a day. A nightmare (I have more than 3,000 ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

App freezes whenever I log in

I got the new HTC One S a few days ago, and of course one of the first things I downloaded was spotify, but for some reason, whenever I log in the app just freezes and won't do anything. I've tried re-downloading it, but it either freezes or crashes,...

• I got the new HTC One S a few days ago, and of course one of the first things I downloaded was spotify, but for some reason, whenever I log in the app just freezes and won't do anything. I've tried r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hey Spotify, how about getting your app running on ICS already? :|

I can't update (and im sure many others) to ICS as long as its not supported by you, without spotify, my phone is worthless

• Regular
  • I can't update (and im sure many others) to ICS as long as its not supported by you, without spotify, my phone is worthless 😕
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with local files for android.

I have problems with syncing tracks from local files for my android phone, I have several ordinar playlists offline on my phone but it won't work with the local files. I've tried connecting them to the same wifi and basically followed the steps that ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have problems with syncing tracks from local files for my android phone, I have several ordinar playlists offline on my phone but it won't work with the local files. I've tried connecting them to t...
  • davidallsopp
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Search Songs Playing Upon Opening App

Wondered if anyone else is having the problem but after I search for a song/album/artist everytime I open up the App again it plays the first song from that search...even if I get in quick enough to start a song on my playlist it will stop that and p...

• Wondered if anyone else is having the problem but after I search for a song/album/artist everytime I open up the App again it plays the first song from that search...even if I get in quick enough to ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keine wiedergabe auf Android

Hey,ich kann auf meiner Android app keine Musik mehr abspielen.Wenn ich ein Lied suche kommt die Ergebnis liste in grau und wenn ich eins wiedergeben will kommt ein Info Popup.

• Hey, ich kann auf meiner Android app keine Musik mehr abspielen. Wenn ich ein Lied suche kommt die Ergebnis liste in grau und wenn ich eins wiedergeben will kommt ein Info Popup.  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! MicroSDHC 32GB cards

Spotify supposebly have problems with sertain MicroSDHC 32GB cards. Is this true?

• Music Fan
  • Spotify supposebly have problems with sertain MicroSDHC 32GB cards. Is this true?
  • tramp66
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "You cannot play this track offline" What? PLEASE HELP!

I have been a premium member since Janurary so I've listened to music on mobile for a while. But these past couple of days I CAN'T PLAY MY MUSIC!!! I log on the mobile spotify app and I click on any song and it says: "You cannot play this track offli...

• I have been a premium member since Janurary so I've listened to music on mobile for a while. But these past couple of days I CAN'T PLAY MY MUSIC!!! I log on the mobile spotify app and I click on any ...
  • Rebell
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Beta App - How do I randomize?

I'm loving the new beta app. Maybe I'm stupid though, but I can't see where I can toggle randomize on my playlists?

• Casual Listener
  • I'm loving the new beta app.  Maybe I'm stupid though, but I can't see where I can toggle randomize on my playlists?
  • belldl
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Last.fm account information

I am not able to find where to enter my Last.fm account information to scrobble my tracks from spotify to last.fm.CAn anyone help me? I looked under settings but there is not anything in there for Last.fm. Thanks.Device: Motorola Razr MaxxSpotify Ver...

• Regular
  • I am not able to find where to enter my Last.fm account information to scrobble my tracks from spotify to last.fm.CAn anyone help me? I looked under settings but there is not anything in there for La...
  • dudestuffiscool
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently Played Tracks

Why won't Spotify remember the last few tracks I played when I start it up again ? How do I enable this ? It's annoying having to search for the same album each time I start Spotify.Using the latest version on Android 2.3.4 Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc.

• Music Fan
  • Why won't Spotify remember the last few tracks I played when I start it up again ? How do I enable this ? It's annoying having to search for the same album each time I start Spotify. Using the lat...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Android preview bugs

i apologize if this information has been captured elsewhere already, but i didn't find it. one major problem with the new android app: it occassionally gets into some bad state where the player is up, and it cannot be dismissed -- touching the X in t...

• Roadie
  • i apologize if this information has been captured elsewhere already, but i didn't find it.   one major problem with the new android app:   it occassionally gets into some bad state wher...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes