Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When can we expect getting a fix for the External SD issue?

When can we expect getting a fix for the External SD issue?

It's been a good long while now, or at least it feels like forever ago that this function was so cruelly removed from me, I honestly almost regret updating that time.(darn my latest version fetish)

So when will they make it so that I can download my playlists to my SD card? I've heard that there's something about using the widget function and having the app on an external SD. But honestly.. I feel certain that more people feel that it's useful to have the external SD card functionality over a widget, it takes almost no time to open the app for whatever reason anyway.

4 Replies

@Coltaine wrote:

It's been a good long while now, or at least it feels like forever ago that this function was so cruelly removed from me, I honestly almost regret updating that time.(darn my latest version fetish)

So when will they make it so that I can download my playlists to my SD card? I've heard that there's something about using the widget function and having the app on an external SD. But honestly.. I feel certain that more people feel that it's useful to have the external SD card functionality over a widget, it takes almost no time to open the app for whatever reason anyway.

Hi, there is actually a way to do it!

All you have to do, is uninstall your current app, and then sideload an old version of the app. At the login prompt, hit the menu button, and select the 'Set Cache Location' option (or something like that), once that is done, UPDATE IT FROM GOOGLE PLAY.

The new app will be forced to use the cache location you set in the old app 🙂

Liam

Hi!

Sorry for being a partypooper, but I tried that soluton three or four months ago. Sadly it didn´t work for me...

I "solved" the problem back then by uninstalling the new version, installing the old and keeping it. It has worked so far, but I will gladly install the new if it works with SD-card   🙂

So Coltaine, please let us know if it worked for u. And of course the rest of u out there! Can u SD?

Then I will gladly go thru the trouble of testing once more.

And LiamW, did you do this recently? Did you upgrade directly on a fresh/new install of the old version? Did you bother to log in or did you just change the path for the offline music before upgrading?

I have a SGS2 with android 4.0.4, if there is a chance that it only works on a few phones (or, only not working on mine...)

Really greatful for all the help I can get.

(although best would be if Spotify fixed this...!!)

//Markus

Sorry for being a newb, but how do you download an older version of Spotify?

Droid Razr M

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/td-p/79997
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts