Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Shuffle obliged when you play an album?

Is Shuffle obliged when you play an album?

I am somewhat 'amazed' by the Android app. If you search for an album and want to play it, you can only choose Shuffle. Anybody got a clue how you can just play it (without saving it)?

Sorry, this is the most stupid question I ever asked, but I really cannot find it. Therefore my 'amazement' about the app.

Also, I can't even find how to delete the queue, also to my 'amazement'.

Thanks for any help!

Roy

3 Replies

Hey @royvandegraaf and welcome to the community!

First of all: are you a premium subscriber? Because you can't disable shuffle if you're not on premium.

But if so, try to click on the cover art at the bottom of the screen, the music player will show up and then you need to press the green shuffle icon until it turns grey, see here (it's the green one) :

shuffle.png

Yes, Premium.

Thanks for your help, but that means starting the album first (with a random song) and then disabling shuffle... That doesn't make any sense, does it?

Hi, as Carina has stated if you are a free user the only option you have is Shuffle... If however you are premium then you just need to tap the song in the list and it will start playing.

For your second question; please see this idea and add some kudos (it also details a work-around, although it's not really idea I grant you).

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts