Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue with spotify streaming data but no music could be heard.

Issue with spotify streaming data but no music could be heard.

Good Morning, So I am experiencing an issue that has been plaguing my Samsung Galaxy S4 for weeks now. The Spotify application used to work perfectly and was my number one source in streaming music. Recently however I am having a problem with it. I am able to run the application, log-in to my account and begin streaming music. The music can be heard for 1 whole second and then.... Silence... The player is still playing the music and the elapsed time still counts up. All advertisements are being played and the application appears to be functioning as designed. The only problem is I cannot hear any music being played. When I choose a different album or category of music to stream the music can once again be heard for 1 second and then cuts out, but the ticker is still counting up.

I originally thought there was a bug with the application that needed to be fixed and thought if I waited long enough the developers would hot fix the application. Well I was wrong and the problem still exists (at least on my phone). So I am here today reading articles on methods of correcting this issue. The problem is I have only received information on how to do a clean install (which I have attempted) and issues pertaining to the application crashing on their device (which I am not experiencing).

Does anyone have any advice or message thread that they can link to me on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

8 Replies

I've had this too and nothing has changed. It doesn't happen when I download the music though.

So I need to purchase premium in order for the application to work probably?

I think you need to do a clean install; please use the below linked article as a guide.
[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you Daniel for replying. I should have mentioned that when I conducted my research in attempt of correcting this issue I found your guild and followed every step as to how to perform a clean uninstall, unfortunantly the suggested methods did not help correct this issue. 

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you Daniel, I have submitted my question to their online forum. Hope it helps.

Hey there,

Check this thread, looks like the problem is spreading -

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/HTC-M8-on-T-Mobile-HELP-Information-request/td-p/99416...

I've been HOUNDING them to help us, nothing so far except for some basic canned response.

I'm having the same problem. Worked fine until I cancel my subscription and tryed to listen to free streaming. I get 1 sec of music then ad for upgrade  comes up.

Suggested posts