Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

I have two issues related to podcasts and the play queue.

1) When adding a podcast episode to the play queue, ca. 50% of the time, the episode is not added to the play queue even though the popup with "Added to your play queue" has shown. I always start my day by adding three to four different episodes of various podcasts to my play queue - some times one of the episodes is not added to my play queue, sometimes it is three out of four episodes.

2) Cannot use the "next song" button to skip to a podcast episode. When a podcast episode is next in my play queue and I press the "next" button in the app, the podcast episode which is next in the queue shows, however, it is still the current song that plays. In order to get to the podcast I either need to listen to the whole song, or scroll to the end on the "play-line" (or whatever such is called).

4 Replies

I'm having the same issue on a Pixel 4. It's driving me crazy!!

Hey @TobiMunch and @jherrington048,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend you log out everywhere and run a clean reinstall on all your devices, this involves deleting the cache files of the app and will force a account wide resynchronization of your info. You can have a look at this guide for the steps relevant to each device.

If afterwards the issue persists, could you let us know the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of the devices you're experiencing this on? It would help us a lot in troubleshooting this further if you could also give it a go with a friend or family members account and see if you can replicate the behavior there as well.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

I did as proposed, and the issue still arises. I signed out everywhere - uninstalled everywhere - deleted cache everywhere - reinstalled everywhere.

The issue merely arises when pressing the next button on the app on my phone. With the same song playing and the same play queue, I can correctly press next on my Windows devices. The issue still, however, arises on my phone.

The only small detail, that I forgot to mention earlier is that the current song restarts (and not just continues) when I press the next button with a podcast as next up in my play queue. (again only on phone).

Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark

Device

Google Pixel 3

Operating System

Android 11

Spotify Version

Hey there @TobiMunch,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

It would also be good if you can try with another internet connection?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts