Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Solved!

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Every since the latest patch, I have been completely unable to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3.  I open the ap, and get the black bar at the top with the menu option in the top left corner and Spotify next to it.  No option to log in, nothing.  When I select the menu, it brings up another blank whit screen with no option to search, playlists, radio, anything.

First I tried uninstalling the ap, and reinstalling, and it did the same thing.

I tried this several times with any variations I could think of uninstalling and reinstalling, and still nothing.

Then I cam here and read and followed the steps to go to application manager, delete the cache, force stop, uninstall the ap, deleted the com.spotify from phone and SD card, turn the device off, restart the device, reinstall the ap from Google Play store.

Same thing as before, white screen, no option, no menu, no nothing.

I expect the ap to work.  I get nothing.  I can't play any songs or do anything with it.

I've tried restartin several times.

Connnectionisn't the problem.

Device is Samsung Galaxy S3

Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Premium Account

Available space: 5.4G, 9.2G SD

Device is not rooted.

Was on SD card.

Only Google Play versions, nothing earlier.

WiFi/Mobile doesn't matter.

Spotify version 0.5.12.52

Verizon

Username: 1238927010

Only use facebook to login.

Pics are here and here

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi Redecuer - I can assure you we're looking into this one. As soon as there's an update I'll post here. 

For now, could any other users experiencing please give the following info:

- Make / Model of Android device
 - Operating System
 - Spotify app version
 - Please also let us know exactly when the white screen appears. When you luanch the app? Or after perfoming a specific function?

The more info we have the better. Thanks guys!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey guys, I've posted an update with a fix here: http://bit.ly/10wLGM9

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Marked as solution

We're here, don't worry. You haven't been forgotten about.

The team are still working on getting this fixed. Keep an eye out for any new or future releases (and we'll keep you updated with everything anyway).

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

78 Replies

Hi,

That's very strange, looks like everything should work from the specs you've put there. It may be a bug with the latest Android update, I'll see if any other users post about this.

Feel free to submit a support ticket on the contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Apparently one of the picture links is broken.  Here is the correct one.

I have exactly the same problem on my S3!

exactly the same behaviour.

I cleared the cache, i cleared the dalvik, I restored an old version, I restored only data.

And any possible combination of the above.

There must be some leftovers on the filesystem

I get this as well, exactly like you've described. I have a htc desire x & am not tech savvy, think I have gingerbread but am not sure - may be ice-cream sandwich. Have deleted & reinstalled the app twice but no better. Will try the other stuff mentioned by the OP but doesn't sound like it's helped him.

Hi,

Did a bit of research and the white screen used to be caused by having an empty SD card slot, has anyone tried putting an SD card in? Anyone already have an SD card?

Anthony 🙂
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

Ok, tried uninstalling again, switching off, removing battery, turning on again, installing ES file explorer app, searching for the spotify.mobile.android.iu file & it couldn't find it. I don't have an SD card on my phone, I have a spotify premium account, always log in with Facebook, can't remember all other questions you like us to answer, sorry.
Really hoping someone can solve this, as there's little point paying for premium if I can't listen on my mobile.

.....or I could have just checked for ant more recent posts - thank & will try putting an SD card in.

@vrouse wrote:
.....or I could have just checked for ant more recent posts - thank & will try putting an SD card in.

Hi,

Ok thanks for trying it out, let me know how it goes!

If it doesn't fix for a few users, guessing this is a bug and will escalate it to the staff to see if they are aware of any problems 🙂

Anthony

I have a sd card in my s3, always had.
Still i get this problem.

Yes, I definitely have an SD card in.  My spotify was on my SD card until this latest release.  I tried deleting the com.spotify on there like the directions say.  The SD card is in and working for everything else.

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know, I have escalated this as an issue to the staff; assuming with the number of users here that it is a bug. Hopefully if it is a bug the Spotify Staff will be able to fix it for you 🙂

Anthony

I hope it is soon.  I have a long road trip coming up next week and several gig worth I will have to redownload now. 😕

The e-mail I received on this from tech support was useless.  They deactivated all my devices, so now not only did I have to reinstall on my computers and iPad, I had to redownload everything on them as well.  And when I got done, my Samsung Galaxy S3 still has the the same issue.  Way to go tech support.  Not only didn't it work, you now made me waste hours redownloading on all of my other devices as well.

If you contact technical support on this.  DON'T LET THEM DEACTIVATE YOUR DEVICES!

I suspected that this would take some time to get fixed and I didn't want to wait so I just simply Google for an older Spotify apk file, downloaded it and installed
The version I use now is a modified 0.5.2.87 with landscape support and could be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?e5wvxa7oq2u9euu
II will use the one until Spotify releases a new one that will hopefully work.

Forgot to mention that the version I use is in swedish.
There are a lot of other apk's out there, just use Google.

Guys, are you still getting this? Are you running any cache clearing apps at all?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm still having the problem, and am a very basic smartphone user - got my first one last Oct & am pretty sure I don't have any cache clearing apps (basically cos I've added very few apps since I got this phone & none of them were this - only way I'd have them is if they came preinstalled on my htc desire X).

Ok, thank you for the info. It's been escalated.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts