Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! offline songs removed from my phone

Hi. I today i noticed that a song on my offline list on my phone was downloading. This was a song i added a long time ago. Why is it like that? It has happened on my old phone too. Can it have something to do with songs being replaced on the spotify ...

• Music Fan
  • Hi. I today i noticed that a song on my offline list on my phone was downloading. This was a song i added a long time ago. Why is it like that? It has happened on my old phone too. Can it have someth...
  • KjartanTh
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle and repeat not saved on exit anymore

Last few Android versions do not remember the shufftle and repeat settings anymore. I enable it in the playback screen, then next time Spotify runs it's disabled. Anyone else see this? Android 4.2.2 on HTC One, but I saw the same on my old Nexus 4 to...

• Music Fan
  • Last few Android versions do not remember the shufftle and repeat settings anymore.  I enable it in the playback screen, then next time Spotify runs it's disabled.  Anyone else see this? &n...
  • mitchman
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.4.46)

What's new in this version: New: Now you can control playback from the notification area. Skip and be happy. Android version 4.1 and above. Fixed: Some troublesome Facebook login issues. Fixed: A bug that could cause a white screen just when you leas...

• Spotify Legend
  • What's new in this version:   New: Now you can control playback from the notification area. Skip and be happy. Android version 4.1 and above. Fixed: Some troublesome Facebook login ...
  • Goodman
  • Spotify Legend
  • 31 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 3 likes

cancelation

How do I cancel this subscription

• How do I cancel this subscription
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files will NOT play on my Android phone

I can't get my local files to play on my android phone. Any song that is linked to a local file will not play on my phone, even if I use the spotify file (and unlink it from the local file on my computer).Some of the songs will play if I'm connected ...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't get my local files to play on my android phone. Any song that is linked to a local file will not play on my phone, even if I use the spotify file (and unlink it from the local file on my comp...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy S3 Mini: music is not downloading

Hey guys, first of all excuse my English, I'm from Germany. I'm a premium user and most of the music works fine on my smartphone, but specially the music which is only on my PC wont get downloaded. It used to work, but someday it stopped, since that ...

• Regular
  • Hey guys,   first of all excuse my English, I'm from Germany. I'm a premium user and most of the music works fine on my smartphone, but specially the music which is only on my PC wont get do...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

DLNA streaming Android, possible ?

As we all know - it is possible to Stream music via Airplay on Iphones. But what about Streaming via DLNA on Android phones ? And if it is, how ? Regards

• As we all know - it is possible to Stream music via Airplay on Iphones. But what about Streaming via DLNA on Android phones ? And if it is, how ?       Regards
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle setting forgotten

Since the latest Android update a few days ago (where landscape was finally introduced!!), my shuffle setting no longer saves when I quit the app. I have to turn on shuffle every time I open app now. Please fix! Motorola Droid Bionic Jelly Bean. [Edi...

• Regular
  • Since the latest Android update a few days ago (where landscape was finally introduced!!), my shuffle setting no longer saves when I quit the app.  I have to turn on shuffle every time I open ap...
  • ChribbaX
  • Casual Listener
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 2 likes

Issue with spotify on Galaxy S3

Hi! I've been having a problem with my spotify app on my phone, it's something like, I'll click to play a song, but the app just freezes and doesn't do anything, or the songs just don't play. So for example, I go to one of my downloaded playbills, I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi! I've been having a problem with my spotify app on my phone, it's something like, I'll click to play a song, but the app just freezes and doesn't do anything, or the songs just don't play. So for ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleted Playlist

Hi just got on and added a few songs to my playlist and then it just dissapeared for no reason? really annoying as i dont feel like paying a monthly fee just to have all my playlists deleted randomly.Anyway to fix this?

• Hi just got on and added a few songs to my playlist and then it just dissapeared for no reason? really annoying as i dont feel like paying a monthly fee just to have all my playlists deleted randomly...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local file not playable

Added some Ephixia songs I just bought to my Spotify-list. Plays fine on my laptop, and most of the songs plays fine on my Android too. The problem is that one of the songs is not playable on my phone. It's just greyed out and sais "Track not availab...

• Casual Listener
  • Added some Ephixia songs I just bought to my Spotify-list. Plays fine on my laptop, and most of the songs plays fine on my Android too.   The problem is that one of the songs is not playable...
  • kalran
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't enter last.fm details

Hi there, signed up for spotify premium again the other day. It's been some time since I used the android app and it's come one hell of a way. One thing I was excited to use was last.fm scrobbling. Only when I go to enter my Last.fm credentials, I ta...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there, signed up for spotify premium again the other day. It's been some time since I used the android app and it's come one hell of a way. One thing I was excited to use was last.fm scrobbling. ...
  • josdaw
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Local files

I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and I have a lot of songs in the local library on my phone that I can't find on spotify. So I was wondering how can I sync the songs in the local library in my phone to the spotify on my phone

• I have a Samsung galaxy s3 and I have a lot of songs in the local library on my phone that I can't find on spotify. So I was wondering how can I sync the songs in the local library in my phone to the...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Offline Desync Observations.

Let this thread be used to post only observations of desyncing offline playlists in the following format:Device:Android version:Spotify version:Observations: If more information is needed, I or a moderater can revise this post. My information is as f...

• Regular
  • Let this thread be used to post only observations of desyncing offline playlists in the following format: Device: Android version: Spotify version: Observations: If more information...
  • Waldo_von_Zude
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Track Error

Problem:I have ripped a CD album to my laptop hard drive (Oasis - Stop The Clocks). The tracks appear in my local files as shown below: When I make a playlist and sync with my Galaxy S3 for offline play, I get this:I don't want 'Oasis For Piano'. I w...

• Music Fan
  • Problem: I have ripped a CD album to my laptop hard drive (Oasis - Stop The Clocks). The tracks appear in my local files as shown below:   When I make a playlist and sync with my Ga...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Stop without having to log out?

Is there a way to stop the application without having to log completely out of the app? I have to click on the Log Out option to get the application to stop. I wish I didn't have to log out every time just to get the app to stop.

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way to stop the application without having to log completely out of the app?  I have to click on the Log Out option to get the application to stop.  I wish I didn't have to log o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

On Andriod can you Sort on Date Added?

In the desktop version I can sort on Date Added but I can't see to do that on the Mobile App. Is there a way to do this or is this a feature that is on the list?

• Casual Listener
  • In the desktop version I can sort on Date Added but I can't see to do that on the Mobile App.  Is there a way to do this or is this a feature that is on the list?
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

S3 not appearing under devices

My spotify app and deskop (Mac) app used to work fine. This morning, I switched on the app and all my playlists were missing and a random album playlist appeared, one that I'd never seen or heard before. The playlists were all gone from my desktop cl...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app and deskop (Mac) app used to work fine. This morning, I switched on the app and all my playlists were missing and a random album playlist appeared, one that I'd never seen or heard bef...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is selective on which local files to sync with my smartphone...

Hi, I am having trouble with syncing my playlist - which exists entirely out of local files- with my smartphone. I have succesfully synced 340 out of 343 songs, but it somehow refuses to sync 3 songs. If anyone knows help for this problem, please... ...

• Hi,   I am having trouble with syncing my playlist - which exists entirely out of local files- with my smartphone. I have succesfully synced 340 out of 343 songs, but it somehow refuses to...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Having trouble with Spotify in my car

Hello all, I have a 2012 Prius C and I just purchased the Galaxy S4 the other day. Whenever I try to listen to Spotify in my car, it only wants to play my Google Play app (for which I only have one song in). Sometimes Spotify works, but it's not cons...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello all, I have a 2012 Prius C and I just purchased the Galaxy S4 the other day. Whenever I try to listen to Spotify in my car, it only wants to play my Google Play app (for which I only have one...
  • pve
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes