Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Solved!

Latest version white screen, no login, no playlists, no search, nothing

Every since the latest patch, I have been completely unable to use Spotify on my Galaxy S3.  I open the ap, and get the black bar at the top with the menu option in the top left corner and Spotify next to it.  No option to log in, nothing.  When I select the menu, it brings up another blank whit screen with no option to search, playlists, radio, anything.

First I tried uninstalling the ap, and reinstalling, and it did the same thing.

I tried this several times with any variations I could think of uninstalling and reinstalling, and still nothing.

Then I cam here and read and followed the steps to go to application manager, delete the cache, force stop, uninstall the ap, deleted the com.spotify from phone and SD card, turn the device off, restart the device, reinstall the ap from Google Play store.

Same thing as before, white screen, no option, no menu, no nothing.

I expect the ap to work.  I get nothing.  I can't play any songs or do anything with it.

I've tried restartin several times.

Connnectionisn't the problem.

Device is Samsung Galaxy S3

Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Premium Account

Available space: 5.4G, 9.2G SD

Device is not rooted.

Was on SD card.

Only Google Play versions, nothing earlier.

WiFi/Mobile doesn't matter.

Spotify version 0.5.12.52

Verizon

Username: 1238927010

Only use facebook to login.

Pics are here and here

78 Replies

THe only cache clearing program I had was Advanced Task Killer which spotify had worked just fine with for the past year+.  But to humor them, I removed it.  Guess what?  Still the same problem.  I even removed several others just because I installed them after spotify to see if one of them had caused the problem.  Nope.  Nothing there either.

And the latest e-mail I got on my case, I was told once again do the same thing I've done I don't know how many times now - uninstall spotify, make sure there's no spotify on the SD card, take out the battery, reinstall.  I completely purged Spotify from my phone.  I searched both the SD card and the phone itself making sure that there was no spotify ANYWHERE ON MY GALAXY S3!  Here's a like of a Word doc with the screen captures I took of the searches:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?33k65ca4nptznm4

So I reinstall the app from the Google Play store, and guess what...the same darn thing!

You do know the definition of insanity, right?  Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.  I'm fed up with being told to do the same thing over and over!  FIX YOU APP OR I CANCEL MY PAID SERVICE!  This has been oging on for over two weeks now.  ANd the only update to the app was to add languages.  FIX YOUR APP!

Marked as solution

Hi Redecuer - I can assure you we're looking into this one. As soon as there's an update I'll post here. 

For now, could any other users experiencing please give the following info:

- Make / Model of Android device
 - Operating System
 - Spotify app version
 - Please also let us know exactly when the white screen appears. When you luanch the app? Or after perfoming a specific function?

The more info we have the better. Thanks guys!

Samsung Galaxy S3

Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Spotify version 0.5.13.63

White screen appears at launch and can't do anything.  Can't log in.  The phone's menu key does nothing.  the Spotify menu just brings up another white screen.

Has anyone come closer to a solution on this issue?  I am going through the same thing with the same device and same operating system.  Have tried everything to get spotify back up.

Ditto here on Galaxy S. Install Spotify app, start it, immediately goes to white screen and asks to force close. As soon as I do that it asks again to force close. Over and over until I kill it with ATK. Cleared cache, done everything recommended here, same problem. Previous versions perhaps 18 months ago worked fine on this phone.

Nope.  Been a month now, and still no fix.  Been two weeks since the last update from them.  And on top of that, ever since they reset all my devices, I can't get MP3s loaded through iTunes to play on Spotify through my iPad. 

on my tablet it works but not my phone

Jacob Tullis

Jacob,

My iPad worked just fine until they reset all my devices to see if they could correct my problem that way.  So then I had to download 5G of data for all my saved offline playlists to both my computer and iPad.  And when I got done, Spotify wouldn't play the MP3s I imported from iTunes.  So yeah.  Everything worked before they totally screwd it up...

I have had this issue for months on my Droid Razr running Android 4.1.2. Since the primary place where I (would) use Spotify is in my car, this is a dealbreaker. I will be cancelling my Premium membership for this reason.

For what it's worth, this only appears to happen for me when the app is on cellular data. I have a theory that it's only on 4G LTE (Verizon), but I haven't tried to prove that. What I do know is that it works while I am at home on WiFi. When I do not have a signal or when I get a 4G signal, I get a white screen with no sign of loading.

I am also using 4G LTE with nothing but a white screen when i click on the app.  I have an Avid ZTE with Metro PCS.  Spotify worked until I switched my old 4G phone for a new 4G LTE phone. Now even after running through trouble shooting steps multiple times it still does not work. Fix this otherwise expect me to call and give you an earful and request a refund.

Spotify does not yet officially support 4G networking to my knowledge. If you want to get in touch with Spotify directly, head over to the contact form 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

DO NOT Delete com.phone.andrord.spotify. it won't work ever it tok me a long time to figure it out. If u do, make a copy on ur computer or an other device. I will explane later when I get home I can't type that much with my phone (300 central time)
Jacob Tullis

I will explain step by step what I did
Jacob Tullis

So what happen is there was a person said to clear data because my premium didn't work and then uninstall it. Then I told him that  my spotify wasn't the problem so I cleared it anyway , but I didn't realize that it erased com.phone.android.data.spotify. I told him this and he said when u update to the newest version will delete that. But u actually need that lucky my spotify on my tablet was still working and of my files I copied it to my phone. So if this is happen to make sure u have com.phone.android.data.spotify

Jacob Tullis

@jacob_tullis wrote:

So what happen is there was a person said to clear data because my premium didn't work and then uninstall it. Then I told him that  my spotify wasn't the problem so I cleared it anyway , but I didn't realize that it erased com.phone.android.data.spotify. I told him this and he said when u update to the newest version will delete that. But u actually need that lucky my spotify on my tablet was still working and of my files I copied it to my phone. So if this is happen to make sure u have com.phone.android.data.spotify

This my not be your solution

Jacob Tullis

So...  If we've already followed the troubleshooting steps as given by the less than helpful Spotify people and deleted the com.phone.android.data.spotify and aren't lucky enough to have an Android based tablet to copy it back from, what do we do then?

It's now been a month and they are no closer to solving this than when I first reported it.

I have the same problem on my Xperia V, SD card was in when it started

Xperia V Running on Jelly Bean, For me it happens when I try to open a playlist. After that it stays white. Sometimes when I press the "back" button repetedly it will flash the screen of the song that's playing (yes sometimes it can play songs)

I replied before, but I've realized that for me it generally happens when I click a playlist or try to open the app while playing a song and the phone is connected to either WiFi or regular 3g/4git doesn't appear to happen when I'm offline. I haven't tried offline mode but I mean the all data traffic is turned off. It's kind of a bad bug as it defeats the whole use of the app if I can't use the internet at the same time

( Xperia V,android 4.1.2, spotify version 0.6.0.17)

And yet another update for Android, and still no fix for this problem?  Are you guys even looking at it?  My guess is the answer is no.

Suggested posts