Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listen to local music based on my pc on my android

Listen to local music based on my pc on my android

Hi,

I Have music on my pc and I want to listen to some of them on my android device.
I've follow this steps :
https://support.spotify.com/fr/article/listen-to-local-files/
But It doesn't work.
I can see the local files on my android, but ther'es all grey.
I'm a premium user, if it can help.
How can I listen to my musiic on my device ?
Thank you !

3 Replies

Any issues are normally down to communication issues so here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Thank you, It work now. I think it was because the playlist was on public mode !

Glad I could help.

Suggested posts