Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app extremely slow and uses a lot of CPU

I've noticed that unlike the MacOS and iOS versions of Spotify the Android app is ridiculously slow and uses a lot of CPU. I'm using an NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1, there are no other performance issues with other apps. It's not a network issue. I've run...

• Regular
  • I've noticed that unlike the MacOS and iOS versions of Spotify the Android app is ridiculously slow and uses a lot of CPU.   I'm using an NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1, there are no other performanc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Help

I'm on a premium package but the app itself is not allowing to change the song or click the shuffle button. It just says that Try Premium. When I'm already in premium.

• I'm on a premium package but the app itself is not allowing to change the song or click the shuffle button. It just says that Try Premium. When I'm already in premium.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App stopped being able to put to sleep

Hi I've been using Spotify for 3 years continuouslyBut in the last week I have stopped being able to put the app to sleep when not using itI have a Samsung device and it has a non removable batterySo preserving battery life, as I am a power user is p...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi I've been using Spotify for 3 years continuously But in the last week I have stopped being able to put the app to sleep when not using it I have a Samsung device and it has a non removable batte...
  • DRUIDDOODE
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Se me pausa sola la reproducción desde el movil

Desde hace ya un tiempo, se me pausa sóla la reproducción desde el móvil.He probado con todo. Hasta eliminando por completo la app e instalandola de nuevo.Ya sea con cascos, sin cascos o por bluetooth. Con la tablet (también andriod) no me ocurre. Me...

• Casual Listener
  • Desde hace ya un tiempo, se me pausa sóla la reproducción desde el móvil. He probado con todo. Hasta eliminando por completo la app e instalandola de nuevo. Ya sea con cascos, sin cascos o por blue...
  • rodro9alcuetas
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can´t find friends....

Hey Folks!I cannot see any of my Facebook friends, error says, that none of my friends uses Spotify, but that isnot true.... many of my friends do use spotify ^^The same thing happens with my Windows Laptop. Even if i enter a friends name directly, i...

• Hey Folks! I cannot see any of my Facebook friends, error says, that none of my friends uses Spotify, but that is not true.... many of my friends do use spotify ^^ The same thing happens with my W...
  • vegasilvava
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Quiero que funcione

Ya he desinstalado la aplicación, incluso formatie el teléfono y la aplicación sigue funcionando demasiado lenta. Se cierra sola y se paran las canciones.Lo peor es que estoy en premiun y la aplicación me está robando.

• Casual Listener
  • Ya he desinstalado la aplicación, incluso formatie el teléfono y la aplicación sigue funcionando demasiado lenta. Se cierra sola y se paran las canciones. Lo peor es que estoy en premiun y la aplica...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[WP 8.0] Offline Playlist Data on SD Card

I have a LGK 20 phone im trying to put my music on my S.D card put it don't have that option am i doing something wrong??

• I have a LGK 20 phone im trying to put my music on my S.D card put it don't have that option am i doing something wrong??
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files are not downloading

There are a lot of songs that this app does not have, and I have added a whole heap via Local Files through my iTunes playlist. Lately the app has been deciding that it hasn't downloaded any of my songs and goes 'welp, I must download these again' on...

• There are a lot of songs that this app does not have, and I have added a whole heap via Local Files through my iTunes playlist. Lately the app has been deciding that it hasn't downloaded an...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Certain songs not transferring from local files to android

I recently purchased King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard's Quarters! and I'm in Your Mind Fuzz since neither are on Spotify. When I put them into my local files they appear in my desktop but when I try to download it to my phone only three of Quaters! s...

• I recently purchased King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard's Quarters! and I'm in Your Mind Fuzz since neither are on Spotify. When I put them into my local files they appear in my desktop but when I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline songs keeps being deleted from Artists and Albums but playlists remain intact and downloaded

I'm getting really tired of this **bleep**, honestly. Why the heck do I have a spotify premium account if my offline songs are always automatically being deleted (and I already did the reset on my phone AND my SD card, uninstalling the spotify and cl...

• Regular
  •  I'm getting really tired of this **bleep**, honestly. Why the heck do I have a spotify premium account if my offline songs are always automatically being deleted (and I already did the reset on...
  • blukkeli
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

signing in

Hi, Having trouble signing in and really getting stressed with it, Cannot sign in with either Spotify or Facebook and are having to change passwords all the time. Someone please help me. Know my email, User name and the long name they gave me but sti...

• Hi, Having trouble signing in and really getting stressed with it, Cannot sign in with either Spotify or Facebook and are having to change passwords all the time. Someone please help me.  Know ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Probleme de connexion

Bonjour j'ai un compte spotify premium family et des que j'entre sur spotify je suis hors connexion alors que j'ai du Wi-Fi ou 4gJe suis à l'étranger alors est-ce lié ou non ?Voici un screenshot qui confirme que je suis en wifi

• Bonjour j'ai un compte spotify premium family et des que j'entre sur spotify je suis hors connexion alors que j'ai du Wi-Fi ou 4g Je suis à l'étranger alors est-ce lié ou non ? Voici un screenshot ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Reproduccion

Me sucede que no me aparece la barra de reproduccion y al poner un tema no puedo elegir otro ni adelantar.. Tengo premium..

• Me sucede que no me aparece la barra de reproduccion y al poner un tema no puedo elegir otro ni adelantar.. Tengo premium..
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect - Multiple Speakers/Devices

What most of us want is having a disable option on Spotify Connect like for example Behind The Lyrics type of option in settingsand we wanted that since 2014 and still hasnt been implemented yet which should beplease do something Spotify

• Regular
  • What most of us want is having a disable option on Spotify Connect like for example Behind The Lyrics type of option in settings and we wanted that since 2014 and still hasnt been implemented yet wh...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Weird Bug When Playing Music - Galaxy S8

I get this really strange bug on my S8 when playing music with Spotify. Ive attached a screenshot of what happens when I start playing a song, and these strange blue bars appear on either side of my screen which stay on the screen even when exiting t...

• Casual Listener
  • I get this really strange bug on my S8 when playing music with Spotify.    Ive attached a screenshot of what happens when I start playing a song, and these strange blue bars appear on eit...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Album Arkwork not showing

So i bought a new phone running on android 6. I downloaded spotify, i signed in with my premium account. It plays music but it doesnt show the album arkwork and some picture on the home menu. How to fix this? Will I wait for the next update? T.T

• So i bought a new phone running on android 6. I downloaded spotify, i signed in with my premium account. It plays music but it doesnt show the album arkwork and some picture on the home menu. How to ...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Web Player not supported in Android mobile devices?

Hello, I use the Spotify app in my Android mobile device and it works great. However I cannot use the Spotify Web Player on the same Android device. It only plays 30 seconds "demos" of any song. It also doesn't show my playlists, except the four most...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   I use the Spotify app in my Android mobile device and it works great.   However I cannot use the Spotify Web Player on the same Android device. It only plays 30 seconds "d...
  • lcolling
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What was my last weeks Discover Weekly playlist?

Hello there, I really enjoyed listening to my last weeks discover weekly playlist. I did download and after that I forgot to add the songs to my personal songs. Is there any way of retracing them? I did add 3 of the songs of the playlist if that matt...

• Hello there,   I really enjoyed listening to my last weeks discover weekly playlist. I did download and after that I forgot to add the songs to my personal songs. Is there any way of retracing...
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists gone.

Hi.I have just purchased a new android phone. I have just downloaded Spotify on to my phone but all my playlists are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Also I had to sign up for premium again. Is it going to charge me for my old account and the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I have just purchased a new android phone. I have just downloaded Spotify on to my phone but all my playlists are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Also I had to sign up for premium again....
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Constantly Crashing While Playing Music

Spotify is continuously crashing on my Meizu PRO5 phone. This did not happen a few updates ago.I doubt anyone will read this, the support here is dismal- particularly for a paid setvice, but not fixing unbroken feayures and adding fluff would do alot...

• Spotify is continuously crashing on my Meizu PRO5 phone. This did not happen a few updates ago. I doubt anyone will read this, the support here is dismal- particularly for a paid setvice, but no...
  • kynesthetic
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes