Local files are ALL "gone"

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Spotify no longer detects any local files. Those files have not been altered, and I have checked that the detect local files option is turned ON. The app still has storage permissions. Despite all this, Spotify claims I have 0 local files, as opposed to the handful of albums I have saved to my phone.

4 Replies

Hey there @haltgamer,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify version and, if you have perhaps synced any files from a PC to your phone and if you can see those normally?

Keep us posted!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Guys, was there any resolution to this issue. I'm having exactly the same problem.

Same phone spec too.....

Thanks

Same over here. The exact things happens to me. I have tried to clear the cache, uninstalled then reinstalled the app, restarted and still the problem continues. Is there anything I can do?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

If you have exhausted the troubleshooting tips that @Elena suggested earlier and nothing seems to help, then I suggest you to head over to this Ongoing issue thread here, as there are more users reporting similar issues. It'd be great if you leave your valuable feedback and votes to help the investigation there. You can also subscribe for the thread to remain informed about the latest developments around this situation with Locals files discovery and Android 9.

Hope it gets sorted out soon. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts