Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files not showing album art

Local files not showing album art

Hello,

I'm unable to see the album cover for my local files on the Spotify Android app. However, on my PC, I'm able to see the album cover of those files. Anyone knows how to resolve this?

I've attached an example.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG
Screenshot_2015-11-24-15-15-03.png
9 Replies

Seeing local file cover art on your android device could have to do with the file sync. I have the same issue on my old Samsung phone where I would have cover art in one of my local files, but when I imported it to my phone storage, the cover art was missing.
Be sure to show some kudos if the help I give is useful! Don't forget to check out my soundcloud page for daily reposts.

So what do I do?

Try saving a cover art file, and then sticking those files in the same location where you store your local files.

Be sure to show some kudos if the help I give is useful! Don't forget to check out my soundcloud page for daily reposts.

I didn't import the files manually though... I sync'ed them with spotify.

Add the cover art files into the same storage area that Spotify has saved your songs in your phone. When I had songs on my android, if you put the same cover art for songs, then it should use that file.

Where's that? Also, I don't have the actual cover files. They're embedded in the mp3's, they show up fine on the desktop app. It should be the same on the mobile app.

Anyone else?

Wherever you put your local files in your phone.

I didn't put them anywhere, I used spotify to sync them.

Suggested posts