Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen no longer showing album art

Lock screen no longer showing album art

Hi all,

I'm having trouble seeing album art on my lock screen. Previously, the lock screen would show the album art of whatever I was listening to, in addition to the notification control.

Now, it does not show. What's odd is that this is only specific to Spotify; my other main audio app, Pocket Casts, works fine with displaying the album art.

Has anybody else had this issue?

Android version: 8.0 Oreo

Phone: Sony XZ1 Compact

Launcher: Nova Launcher (no custom lock screen app)

3 Replies

I thught this was something google introduced with android 7? Tapping the track title should pop up the album cover.

I don't believe so, or that may be a different set of functionality. Tapping the title on the lock screen doesn't do anything unfortunately; the wallpaper on the lock screen still shows my default wallpaper instead of the album art. Again, this only seems to be an issue with Spotify (podcast app shows the art fine), and it only became an issue recently. As recently as three weeks ago, this was not the case.

I had the exact same problem (xperia xz1 compact, oreo), and found it to be due to an android notification setting: settings -> apps & notifications -> configure notifications -> notifications -> spotify -> set toggle "playback" to "on". Now I'm getting the artwork again, as well as the playback notification for quick playback control.

Suggested posts