Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot listen to local files on my smartphone(samsung galaxy s3 mini)

Hey there Spotify-Community! I actually need some help and I will appreciate if somebody responds to my question. (Sorry for bad english by the way - I am german :/) My Issue: I have like 50 local files (songs obviously) on my computer and would like...

• Hey there Spotify-Community!   I actually need some help and I will appreciate if somebody responds to my question. 😉 (Sorry for bad english by the way - I am german :/)   My Issue: I...
  • Connorj2008
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle

Since the new Android update I cannot play on shuffle mode, this is annoying, has anyone experienced? Please let me know what can be done!

• Since the new Android update I cannot play on shuffle mode, this is annoying, has anyone experienced? Please let me know what can be done! 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't download my PC's Local Files on my phone

I've download some music on my computer but I can't sync them to my phone.I don't know why.Thank you !

• Casual Listener
  • I've download some music on my computer but I can't sync them to my phone. I don't know why. Thank you !
  • CharlyDelta
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable spotify queue syncing (between mobile / desktop)

I listen to different playlists at home ("gaming"), work ("background" - full of volcalless tracks) and on my mobile ("driving" - a small playlist I don't have to skip or mess around with while driving). Recently, when I get to work, the currently pl...

• Music Fan
  • I listen to different playlists at home ("gaming"), work ("background" - full of volcalless tracks) and on my mobile ("driving" - a small playlist I don't have to skip or mess around with while drivi...
  • amarson
  • 7 replies
  • 28 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 28 likes

Cant download spotify in Austria even tho i bought the phone in Vienna and i live in Vienna.

Hey guys, i need ur help. I have trouble installing Spotify on my s7 even tho i live in Vienna and i bought the phone here in Saturn. I tried clearing the cache and data of Playstore and using an US server via VPN but it still says that app is not av...

• Hey guys, i need ur help. I have trouble installing Spotify on my s7 even tho i live in Vienna and i bought the phone here in Saturn. I tried clearing the cache and data of Playstore and using an US ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share to FB...Login error now?

I' not sure what had changed but I went through the "New way" and got logged back in but now it don't share to FB. As soon as it tries to connect it' giving me a login error? Any help would be appreciated.

• Casual Listener
  • I' not sure what had changed but I went through the "New way" and got logged back in but now it don't share to FB. As soon as it tries to connect it' giving me a login error?   Any help would ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Sara

Hola!! Tengo una cuenta premium de la que suelo entrar desde cualquier dispositivo que llevo conmigo en el momento. Utilizo algunos dispositivos de Apple, como MacBook Pro o Ipad, y tambien lo utilizaba desde mi antigo Iphone. Pero acabo de cambiar d...

• Visitor
  • Hola!!   Tengo una cuenta premium de la que suelo entrar desde cualquier dispositivo que llevo conmigo en el momento. Utilizo algunos dispositivos de Apple, como MacBook Pro o Ipad, y tambien ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode stops working after 2 hours

After I connect to Spotify online and go into offline mode it tells me i have 29 days before I need to reconnect to verify that I'm still a premium user. However, after 2 hours or less of using offline mode, the music stops and says i must connect to...

• After I connect to Spotify online and go into offline mode it tells me i have 29 days before I need to reconnect to verify that I'm still a premium user. However, after 2 hours or less...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Localized contents making Spotify premium unusable

So I recently upgraded to premium again and now when I browse for new playlists and new releases, it's dominated by Hong Kong, Korean, Chinese and even Japanese music. And I can't change the region because I'm using a Hong Kong credit card. The user ...

• Casual Listener
  • So I recently upgraded to premium again and now when I browse for new playlists and new releases, it's dominated by Hong Kong, Korean, Chinese and even Japanese music. And I can't change the region b...
  • hola_soy_ernie
  • 4 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 14 likes

Solved!! Volume goes up and down

Hi. I'm having an issue which renders the app useless. When listening to music in the car via Bluetooth through the car's speaker system, the volume keeps fluctuating down and back up to where it was before. I noticed this happening for the past coup...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I'm having an issue which renders the app useless. When listening to music in the car via Bluetooth through the car's speaker system, the volume keeps fluctuating down and back up to where it was...
  • Bobcat2
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes
  • volume
  • 18 replies
  • 1 likes

Limpieza de las canciones descargadas anteriormente

Hola.Soy nuevo en el mundo de Spotify y tengo una duda acerca de su funcionamineto que no he encontrado respuesta.Se puede descargar una playlist para escucharla sin conexion, pero existen escenarios donde la musica descargada queda obsoleta, por eje...

• Hola. Soy nuevo en el mundo de Spotify y tengo una duda acerca de su funcionamineto que no he encontrado respuesta. Se puede descargar una playlist para escucharla sin conexion, pero existen escena...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Spotify not responding

This problem happened both on my LG Leon and on my currently Samsung J5. If I use Spotify for a while without turning off the phone, it will stop working. Music won't play, songs won't change and Spotify will not respond. I've tried clearing the data...

• This problem happened both on my LG Leon and on my currently Samsung J5.   If I use Spotify for a while without turning off the phone, it will stop working. Music won't play, songs won't chang...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Art work

I have s7 Edge and every time I play a song it doesn't appear on the lock screen how can I fix that on my other phones that used to work Eu tenho s7 Edge e toda vez que bota uma musica nao aparece na tela de bloqueio nos outros celulares que eu tive ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have s7 Edge and every time I play a song it doesn't appear on the lock screen how can I fix that on my other phones that used to work    Eu tenho s7 Edge e toda vez que bota uma musica...
  • jsannn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops downloading after some songs

My spotify automatically starts downloading new songs to my offline playlist when i launch the app but stops downloading after some songs, looks like proceeding but it's actually like e.g. 12 out of 19 (%57) and doesn't go on to %58 or %100.

• Regular
  • My spotify automatically starts downloading new songs to my offline playlist when i launch the app but stops downloading after some songs, looks like proceeding but it's actually like e.g. 12 out of ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Download bug
    downloading
    Downloading playlist
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Music missing from saved songs

Opened the app up today on my phone and went to my saved song section and I'm missing a ton of songs for some reason. Went to see if those songs where removed from Spotify and they weren't. Is there anyway to revert this and have the missing songs re...

• Casual Listener
  • Opened the app up today on my phone and went to my saved song section and I'm missing a ton of songs for some reason. Went to see if those songs where removed from Spotify and they weren't. Is there ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No artwork

Hi everyone! I am a premium user and currently working abroad with a new phone (galaxy s8). I tried installing and re_installing the app through various apk links, but the artwork just won't show. Music streaming is working great fine but I can't get...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi everyone!   I am a premium user and  currently working abroad with a new phone (galaxy s8). I tried installing and re_installing the app through various apk links, but the artwork...
  • Danielt1000
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums - view track numbers

Hi, is there any possibility to view the track numbers next to each song in albums or playlists, like on the screenshot attached? I found this on a music magazine's site but can't find how to adjust the view in the spotify android app itself.

• Hi, is there any possibility to view the track numbers next to each song in albums or playlists, like on the screenshot attached? I found this on a music magazine's site but can't find how to adjust ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't disable random reading on Samsung galaxy A5 2015 (premium)

Hello, on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, I am a premium member but the button "random reading" does not appear at the bottom of the screen and I can not disable random reading, thank you

• Hello, on Samsung Galaxy A5 2017, I am a premium member but the button "random reading" does not appear at the bottom of the screen and I can not disable random reading, thank you    
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Behind the lyrics doesn't work

Behind the lyrics doesn't work in my android tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I don't know why.... Please some help. Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  • Behind the lyrics doesn't work in my android tablet Samsung  Galaxy Tab A. I don't know why.... Please some help. Thanks!
  • danielkoron
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming music despite having it downloaded offline

I have a phone plan that has a deal with spotify so none of my data used on spotify counts towards my phone bill. Therefore, I use extreme quality as it does not cost me anything. At the same time I like having my music downloaded for offline, purely...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a phone plan that has a deal with spotify so none of my data used on spotify counts towards my phone bill. Therefore, I use extreme quality as it does not cost me anything. At the same time I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes