Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Specific song won't cast to Google Home.

Solved!

Specific song won't cast to Google Home.

I have a long list of saved songs and there are two that will play on my phone device but when cast they go silent, skip forward in the song and then beep on Google home. If I uncast it plays fine on my pixel. Any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Are the songs which won't cast local files perhaps? If so, they can't be cast from spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Are the songs which won't cast local files perhaps? If so, they can't be cast from spotify.

My local files also won't cast to Google devices. They're downloaded to my phone successfully with open NAT type. I feel like I have heard my local files casted before tho...... ?

Im having the same issue but the song im trying to listen to is not a local file its streaming right from spotify. Song title is fly by marshmellow 

I'm having the same problem. Most of the songs cast perfectly, but some specific ones don't . I also tried with your suggestion "Fly by Mashmello" and it doesn't work for me either!! Other songs that I have found to not work are: Ghetto by Yona and whole Album: Priére by Yom. This is very strange. When I try to play these the google cast says "The music was stopped, because your spottify accound is being used with another device". Then casting stops. If I try with any other song, it works fine. I'm using iPhone, so it's not a question of local files.

Suggested posts