Premium

Country

Hong Kong 

Device

Redmi K50 

Operating System

Xiaomi HyperOS 

My Question or Issue

Apparently, if you leave the app mid-song with loop enabled and re-enter it, the song restarts from where you leave the app.

7 Replies

Hey @Nedtam,

Thanks for reaching out!
We tried reproducing this issue but it seems to be locally present on your device.
Try clearing your app's cached data to see if that would change the current behavior.
If you wish to take things a step further, you can also go for a complete clean reinstall of the app.

Hope this helps! Keep us posted 🙂

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, I also encountered this issue.

Spotify version:

Plan
Premium
Country
Vietnam

Device
Xiaomi 11T Pro
ROG Phone 6
Operating System
Android 13 and MIUI 14
Android 14

My issue:

I played a song in repeat only one song mode and closed the app (closed completely) in the middle. I went back and continued to played that song. When the song ended, it started from where I left before ONE TIME. After that, it started normally from the start. This happens every time I opened the app again and continue to play.

This happened on my two devices, so I don't think it's a local issue.
Please refer to my video in the attachment.

FYI: 

- I tried two solutions on the previous comment and it didn't work.

- I used the same account for both devices (I don't know if this relevant but I think the more info the better).

Reproduce steps:
1. Play a song and left the app in the middle of the song (you can pause or straightout close the app).
2. Open the app again.
3. Turn on the mode repeat only this song (The issue only happened when this mode is on, just make sure THIS TURN ON).
4. Continue to play the song.

The full video can't be attached because it's 30 seconds, so here my full reproduction video link (Google Drive). I can say it is safe to click but if you think the steps are enough, you don't have to.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tSLK9J6DL1QlWqN-lEvqLMnR29J2Lzkd/view?usp=drive_link

Hey folks, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. 

We've passed this info on to the right team to be looked into. We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates about this. 

Cheers 🙂 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Plan

Premium

Country

Estonia

Device

iPhone 15 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.4.1

Spotify version

My Question or Issue

How to reproduce the problem:

1. Put one song on repeat
  2. Start listen to it
  3. Stop it
  4. Close Spotify
  5. Open Spotify again
  6. Play the song
  7. Wait until it ended

Result: song start play again not from start but from place where it was started after opening Spotify.

I can confirm that the same problem can be reproduced on a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, using the latest version of Spotify (dated 28/5/2024) on Google Play.

Hey @taichingkan & @katerinkayakusheva,

Thanks for letting us know!
@taichingkan, could you send us your exact Spotify app version alongside your Android OS version?
We'll send the info backstage asap and we'll keep you posted 🙂
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Vasil,

My Spotify app version (as listed in the "Apps" section in my Android phone's settings) is 8.9.46.426, and the Android OS version is 14.

Thanks!

Suggested posts