Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

When I share a song on Instagram Stories there is no option in the top left corner to "Play on Spotify". Additionally, the quality of the image is low and pixelated. I can't find nay settings on either of the apps to make such changes, so I was wondering if you could help me with this. Many thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @vlad_rusu,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd recommend making sure that both apps are rocking the latest version available. You can find out more about updating the Spotify app here

After you've made sure that both apps have installed any pending updates, we'd suggest trying turning your device off, waiting a couple moments and turning it back on.

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest checking if the same issue occurs when connected on a different internet connection, as well as from a different device (if possible).

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @vlad_rusu,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

First, we'd recommend making sure that both apps are rocking the latest version available. You can find out more about updating the Spotify app here

After you've made sure that both apps have installed any pending updates, we'd suggest trying turning your device off, waiting a couple moments and turning it back on.

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest checking if the same issue occurs when connected on a different internet connection, as well as from a different device (if possible).

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator

Hi Katerina,

Thank you for your reply! I have tested the solution and now the "Play on Spotify" action is available so it has definitely been helpful!

Nevertheless the quality of the share still seems a bit low-res for the artist name and track title, which seems to be a rather general (albeit small) problem. I say it is rather general because all of the shares I see on from Spotify on Instagram have the same pixelated aspect. I was wondering if this has been highlighted and if it is something to be addressed in the future - or if it is something out of Spotify's hands and more to do with Instagram.

Apologies for the delayed reply and many thanks again for the input!

Hey @vlad_rusu.

Thanks for your reply!

Do you notice the same thing when using a different device? If you do, can you make sure that the device has the latest OS updates installed? 🙂

Looking forward to your reply! Have a great day.

Hello! I tried all the points listed then checked for updates and the problem of pixelated text still persists.

Hey @Pavlo,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you please confirm that you encounter the pixelated text across multiple devices? It would help us out a lot if you share the make, model and OS version of the devices you've tried out.

We'd appreciate it if you could post some screenshots of how the issue get displayed at your end. You can use the Insert Photo feature in the post editor, just be sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

Keep us posted, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

Mihail Moderator

Screenshot_20201016-130645.png 

This is what I have on Google Pixel 3a on Android 11.

Hey @Pavlo,

Thanks for getting back to us with the screenshot.

Could you also tell us the exact Spotify version you are running? This Spotify Answer explains how you can check this.

We ask that everyone else experiencing this posts the make, model and OS version of the device where this issue comes up, as well as their Spotify version.

We'd love to investigate this further and will be keeping an eye out for your replies. 

Mihail Moderator

Version 8.5.80.1037

Hi, same issue here. It has been like this for years now, I had at least 3 android devices in this couple of years and all of them were like this so this must be a global issue. Images for comparison of the cover photo and test sharpness: 

(edit: typos)

Screenshot_20201201-163425.png
Screenshot_20201201-163403.png

Hi! Has something changed about fixing this problem?

nah i don't think so (i just checked), and the new layout also has this lowres or resizing artifact issue. i don't get the new layout now so i can't test that

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts in this thread.

Can you let us know if you followed the troubleshooting that's been provided in this thread.

If you did and the issue still persists, can you let us know your :

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Device: Google Pixel 3a

Version of the app: 8.6.32.925

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's good to see that at least someone is reading this. As I said earlier I am having this issue for years now, had multiple devices during that time and always updated the apps to the latest version. The pixilation or image resize artifact - call it what you want - is not so noticeable for the average user so I guess it flew under the radar, but it is very annoying nonetheless. Please try it for yourself and really look for the disruption in smoothness in the text, and on the image.. I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

Hey folks,

We've passed your reports to the right team at Spotify.

We don't have any official information when or if this will be taken care of, since it involves a partner service.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

great news, thanks!

any updates on this? its been 2 years since this thread started and the issue is still present.    fix it already.

ok, i contacted instagram as well.. let's gooo

Screenshot_20210812-131436.png

why is this not solved yet. i hate spotify.

Suggested posts