Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics no longer showed up in song radio

Lyrics no longer showed up in song radio

Why lyrics no longer showed up when I play song radio?? It only shows the few upcoming songs in the bottom. I would like to lyrics function back! 

Screenshot_20211203_231346_com.spotify.music_edit_34374759540067.jpg
12 Replies

Hi there @Jojojojo1231,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Try logging out, restarting your device, and logging back in.

If this persists, just to confirm, can you see the lyrics if you play a song that's not on a Radio? Is this only happening with a specific Radio or with any of them? Does it also happen when you start an artist or playlist radio?

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

It still persists. It only happen for song radio (see attached). For song
through search function and for playlist, the lyrics will show up.

Hey @Jojojojo1231,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you let us know if you experience this behavior on any other device, like you computer/ TV etc.

It would be great if you can let us know the following:

• Device model and OS version
  • Spotify version

Cheers!

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem.  Lyrics do no show up when using the radio feature.  They work when playing songs, mixes, albums, etc.  

Android 12.

Spotify 8.6.86.1231

Hey @fzos-kk_cr7fu,

Thanks for your report here on the Community!

We're not able to reproduce this behavior from our end, so in order to investigate further we'll need some more info.

We appreciate you sending us your OS and Spotify versions, but could you also let us know if you have the issue on desktop and web player?

It's also important to check if your connection makes a difference to this behavior - does it work the same on Wi-fi and 3/4G?

Keep us in the loop here.

ElenaModerator

Wifi vs 4g makes no difference.  I always get the "up next" panel when listening to radio.  Below is a screenshot.  The desktop app on windows does have lyrics.  It has a little mic icon.  The web player in Chrome does not.  

Screenshot_20211218-082429.png

Hey @fzos-kk_cr7fu,

Thanks for your reply and the extra info.

Could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your phone to see if you can reproduce this behavior? This would help us understand if this is account-related.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I'm seeing this exact same thing happen too, on multiple devices and accounts. I like the up next feed the radio has, there just should be a button to toggle between it and the lyrics.  It's sad there is no way to view lyrics while listening to the radio.

Hi @VyStorm,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We understand your frustration with your experience as a user and fan of the Lyrics feature. Could we still ask you to give us info about your current setup, like the version of your Spotify app and the exact device's make, model and OS? Also some screenshots or screen recordings of the situation could be of great help for reproducing and investigating this situation in detail. 

Perhaps you can also share your thoughts and valuable feedback by suggesting a new idea about a feature change in our Idea Exchange board. Beforehand, you can familiarize yourself with the guidelines for Idea submissions, so your suggestion gets approved right away.

Hope this is useful. Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator

I  have the same problem

Sony XZ-compact1  Android9 spotify 8.6.94.306 - cant uninstall Spotify, i guess it is some kind of bloat installation. But i have cleared cache etc.

Also tried with same account on xperia 10 iii with android 11 (12?). 

It works on computer (win 10 21H2). 

Extra twist:

1. I start Spotify on the phone and a computer and let the computer do the playback (from a list). 

2. I start a Song radio on the computer 

Now the phone show lyrics and i can use the phone as a remote to playback on the computer.

However-as son as i start to playback from the phone it goes back to list view. If i return playback to the computer the phone stays in list view.

Hi @långtnamn,

Thank you for reaching out in this post. 

We'd like to isolate this issue as much as possible. Is it possible for you to log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists?

Also, does the same happen if you connect to a different WIFI/mobile network? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

Hi. Problem solved!!!!
I opened Spotify (my own account) on an old phone (motorola g3- probably android6). When playing a "radio" on that phone the lyrics showed up - AND magically - the Sony shows lyrics again, even if i start a radio on the Sony !

So
2 different Sony , XZ-compact1, xperia 10 iii (with "factory installed" Spotify)- same problem
Played once on an older phone with "manually installed" Spotify and the problem disappears.
I start to suspect the problem is limited to Bloatware-installations.

It would be interesting to know what kind of installations the OP has - and what on earth changes when you play a radio on another phone.
Thanks for the support @ MafeG - even if the problem was solved by magic...

Suggested posts