Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile network downloads despite disabling app option

Mobile network downloads despite disabling app option

Plan: Premium Family

Device: Mi Mix 2S (unrooted, unlocked bootloader) Android 10 QKQ based

My Question or Issue

I disabled the setting "download via mobile network" but for the second month the app kills my mobile network contingent by downloading some subscribed playlists / albums in the background.

I do not speak about music streaming. I speak about playlists & albums which I have marked as "download" (to hear offline or while connected to mobile network).

How can it be that the app is downloading -in this case each month more than 900 MB - via mobile network even if it is disabled? I don't get it. Very frustrating.

Hope you can help me.

Best regards, t4z

3 Replies

Hey there @t4zman,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

In this case we suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app. This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

It would also be great if you can let us know if the downloaded playlists remains downloaded when you're using another network?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi @Jeremy, after all (clean reinstall, etc.) ... this did not help at all. There are such issues again and this allthough the playlist was FULLY downloaded anytime before via WLAN. This is the most annoying thing about it. Not only the app side forbidden downloads but also absolutely not necessary DLs again and again. Not daily but regularly. I dont get it sorry but it is veeeery frustrating. Meanwhile I had to forbid the Spotify App any mobile network connections smartphone sided. No fun with it when I would like to explore new things in mobile network explicitely from time to time ;(

Hi @t4zman,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

Since the clean reinstall didn't work, there are other things we can try here.

However, to continue we need to know if your downloaded playlists remain saved when you've connected to another internet network such as WIFI. 

Also, please let us know if you're using an SD card or the internal storage to save your downloads. This will help us narrow down the issue.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts