Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Multiple songs are not available in one playlist in ALL devices

Multiple songs are not available in one playlist in ALL devices

Hi, 

I have the well-known forum problem that some songs are not available, (grey color) however this problem happens in ALL my devices (desktop/windows, android and IOS) inside the same playlist. I have cheked that:

1). The songs are available in my country.

2). I don't have any kind of explict filter activated.

3). If I share that song, friends also can't play the song.

4). I have tried to uninstal/reinstall app in windows, ios and android.

Any kind of idea?

Thanks!

10 Replies

Hello @Mr_Frames!

Sounds like this song might not be available in your area, can you send me over the link and let me know your country? I'll check it just in case 🙂

Note that Spotify would love to have all the world’s music available to everyone. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available.
I'd recommend reading this article for more info.

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the exact same issue. One of my 800+ song playlists has over 500 songs now greyed on mobile/refusing to play on Desktop/Xbox App, but when I manually go to the artist page, I can stream the exact same track (exact song, album as the one in the playlist) without any issues.

I REALLY hope this can be fixed, because I'd be more likely to shift to Apple music than spend hours re-adding songs to my playlist.

Hello Jose_M,

Thanks for your answer. As I told in the point 1, the songs are available in my country, Spain. In fact, I can play that tracks directly if I search them, however spotify just refueses to play them inside that playlist.

Here it is the playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/user/jmarkitos/playlist/4bOv0zBOly2co8xaOgoWJN?si=FrO1_vtXS1eaJQAYvIj0GA

Thanks!

Hello @Mr_Frames, @ThreeChunk!

Thanks for writing back. Sounds like most of the songs in the playlist might be local files.

Make sure that the local files are available on the computer you're listening to music on. You can find more info about local files here 🙂

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hi @,

Yes, I have checked also but they aren't local files. I only have a couple of local songs and they are not in that list.

The problem is like @ThreeChunk described. It seems like Spotify would have lost the url link to the songs...

Thanks anyway!

Hello there!

Most of the songs in this playlist are local files. Maybe you don't have any local files and that's possible. The playlist is collaborative however so probably a different person added those local files. If you don't have the local files itself, you'll have to replace the songs with versions that are on Spotify.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!
Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks  Jose_M

Oh ok, I think as you Spotify playlist importing a playlist some years ago from a plain text file, some of the songs are now acting as local files. I'd recommend removing them and them again to your playlist. That should solve this issue. You can do it by groups so it's not too much at a time.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Yes, it looks like that is the problem. Anyway it is really annoying because there are a lot of songs to remove and add. I have to search it one by one...

How can I do it by groups?

Thank you very much, Jose_M

Hey! I'm glad you could figure out what was going on. You can try removing a group of songs each day so it's not too much but, unfortunately, there's not an option to replace a group of songs at the same time.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts