Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Share Any Songs...

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceSamsung Note 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 8 My Question or Issue I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to share a song to WhatsApp via Spotify, the app either reloaded back to the home page or...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Samsung Note 8 Operating System Android Oreo 8   My Question or Issue   I don't know when it started but just yesterday when I wanted to sha...
  • defunct32
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue is not working

Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list.Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help.Please assist, frustrated DeviceOP3T, Samsung Galaxy tab s2Operating SystemOreoPremium Plan

• Casual Listener
  •   Cannot add songs to queue, while adding them they not appear on the queue list. Latest Spotify version, tried to reinstall , didn't help. Please assist, frustrated    Device OP...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Favorite Songs playlist

This playlist appears complete in the web page but incomplete in the app. Also some of the songs added don't have the heart symbol and it is not clear if the author is Spotify or me (both names appear).

• Regular
  • This playlist appears complete in the web page but incomplete in the app. Also some of the songs added don't have the heart symbol and it is not clear if the author is Spotify or me (both names appea...
  • DelmaBV
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume goes down in background automatically

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceLenovo Moto Z2 PlayOperating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or Issue When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other app the songs volume goes down (feels like 50% less) and the only way to turn it back t...

• Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Lenovo Moto Z2 Play Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue  When I'm running Spotify in the background and open any other a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is anyone else experiencing issues with the mobile app on Android?

hello,Every time I try to open Spotify, it takes forever for the home screen to load, and if I try to load a song, it plays for a few seconds and then the app crashes. Every other app on my phone works fine so I know it's not just the phone. Anyone e...

• Casual Listener
  • hello, Every time I try to open Spotify, it takes forever for the home screen to load, and if I try to load a song, it plays for a few seconds and then the app crashes. Every other app on my phone w...
  • jaisonmiguek
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Sharing option disabled

PlanPremiumCountry UKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8 plusOperating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else is working OK

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country  UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8 plus Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  When I try to share a song the app crashes, everything else ...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcast episodes will only play once

Plan: PremiumCountry: UK Device: Huawei P20 ProOperating System: Android 8.1.0 Podcast episodes will only play once. As soon as an episode is finished playing it shows as played, and Spotify will skip past it when I try to play it again. I've tried u...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK  Device: Huawei P20 Pro Operating System: Android 8.1.0   Podcast episodes will only play once. As soon as an episode is finished playing it shows as played, ...
  • sliiightly
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Podcasts
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Music Downloading

I am not able to Download Music and store it on an SD cardPlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceLG Stylo 2 PlusOperating SystemAndroid Nougat or 7.0 My Question or Issue I cannot Download music to listen to offline on my SD card

• I am not able to Download Music and store it on an SD card Plan Premium Country United States Device LG Stylo 2 Plus Operating System Android Nougat or 7.0   My Question or Issue &nbs...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sd card
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All kind of problems in Android app

PlanFreeCountry SpainDeviceMotorola idk what elseOperating SystemI'm not sure lol My Question or Issue Ayo, I have come here because I am pretty fed up with the way the Android app is treating me. I had been using the Android app around May earlier t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country  Spain Device Motorola idk what else Operating System I'm not sure lol   My Question or Issue  Ayo, I have come here because I am pretty fed up with the way...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is always in offline mode

If I open Spotify, it's always in offline mode. I#ve to switch of the offline mode manually each time. Please fix this: spotify shall stay in the last mode, not start always in the offline modeBut it shall be able to updating the song, if WLAN is ava...

• Roadie
  • If I open Spotify, it's always in offline mode. I#ve to switch of the offline mode manually each time.   Please fix this: spotify shall stay in the last mode, not start always in the offline m...
  • Kalmora
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't share songs

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue I am not able to share any songs at all. Every time I try to share a song to a friend the app crashes and takes me back to the home screen. Does anyone...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue   I am not able to share any songs at all. Every tim...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't share songs

The share song function does not work. Instead of giving me the sharing options (e.g. whatsapp, messenger, copy link, etc) I get redirected to my Home menu in Spotify.What has happened? Some sort of a bug? PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy...

• The share song function does not work. Instead of giving me the sharing options (e.g. whatsapp, messenger, copy link, etc) I get redirected to my Home menu in Spotify. What has happened? Some sort o...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs radio doesn't show the first one as 'now playing'

When you're listening to a song and want to go to it's radio, the same song should be in the middle of playing if you choose to play the radio, so you won't have to play it again to start the radio. PremiumCountry Israel

• Casual Listener
  • When you're listening to a song and want to go to it's radio, the same song should be in the middle of playing if you choose to play the radio, so you won't have to play it again to start the radio.&...
  • melamedshay
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Files doesn`t save to SD card after UPDATE 8.4.62.490 armV7

PlanPremiumCountry MxDevice(Samsung Galaxy 9+)Operating System Android 8.0.0 My Question or IssueHi, After some update the SD option to save files is no longer available version: 8.4.62.490 armV7, it only shows the internal storage , in previous vers...

• Plan Premium Country  Mx Device (Samsung Galaxy 9+) Operating System  Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue Hi, After some update the SD option to save files is no longer avai...
  • Ianpeters
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline songs are not updated

Always if I start Spotify it's in offline mode.Also no sonmgs is automatically updated. And there are often not available. If I switch off the offline mode of Spotify it starts to download all my songs. Fix this: Automatically updates the songs, if* ...

• Roadie
  • Always if I start Spotify it's in offline mode. Also no sonmgs is automatically updated. And there are often not available. If I switch off the offline mode of Spotify it starts to download all my s...
  • Kalmora
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Introduce Streaming Only With WIFI Mode

It's really annoying, that the user has to switch to the offline mode, if no WIFI is available. Most Apps I know are able to be more smart and chck if you have WIFI or mobile internet. It would be much better, if spotify knows three modes:* Offline* ...

• Roadie
  • It's really annoying, that the user has to switch to the offline mode, if no WIFI is available. Most Apps I know are able to be more smart and chck if you have WIFI or mobile internet.   It wo...
  • Kalmora
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Menu / Go Online To See Menu

It's always the same I'm streaming (!) as that Sony Z3 has no SD Card and Spotify is telling me "Go Online", if I try to open a menu. First at all, why I've to online to use the Spotify menus?!And why is Spotify thinking, I'm offline, as it's live st...

• Roadie
  • It's always the same I'm streaming (!) as that Sony Z3 has no SD Card and Spotify is telling me "Go Online", if I try to open a menu.   First at all, why I've to online to use the Spotify menu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    bug
    buggy
    menu
    old
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify play Song deleted from a playlist

I deleted some Song from a playlist, but some day after i played again that playlist and Spotify starts play a Song which i deleted some day ago from the playlist. I Also check for delete again that Song from the playlist but this Song is not in my p...

• Casual Listener
  • I deleted some Song from a playlist, but some day after i played again that playlist and Spotify starts play a Song which i deleted some day ago from the playlist. I Also check for delete again that ...
  • Federico13
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Share option causes Android crash

Has been crashing since yesterday. Uninstall doesn't resolve issue. PlanPremiumCountryUsa DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9 My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • Has been crashing since yesterday. Uninstall doesn't resolve issue.    Plan Premium Country Usa   DeviceSamsung Galaxy 9     My Question or Issue  
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

I can't look at videos

PlanPremiumCountry RomaniaDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+ My Question or Issue Hi, I'm upset that I cant look at, for example, the Docs from RapCaviar even if I bought premium. I cant even look at Fuel to the Fire by Migos or many others cool vids on Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Romania Device Samsung Galaxy S9+   My Question or Issue    Hi, I'm upset that I cant look at, for example, the Docs from RapCaviar even if I bought...
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes