Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Request login again

PlanPremiumCountryMéxicoDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid Oreo 7 My Question or Issue I recently buy a SD card and is now in my phone. I change the location of the data in the settings of Spotify. I set that all my music will save in the ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country México Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android Oreo 7   My Question or Issue  I recently buy a SD card and is now in my phone. I change the loca...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • card
    Login
    Sd
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Click every second on the Android app

Every second there's a click in the audio. This has only started happening recently - sounds like a scratched L.P. record.The issue does not exist listening on an iPad using the iOS app. PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 5Operating S...

• Casual Listener
  •   Every second there's a click in the audio.  This has only started happening recently - sounds like a scratched L.P. record. The issue does not exist listening on an iPad using the iOS a...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

storage problem

Need to move my playlists to my SD card, but in the storage option, there is only the option to clean the cache.PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceMoto G(4)Operating SystemAndroid 7.0

• Need to move my playlists to my SD card, but in the storage option, there is only the option to clean the cache. Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Moto G(4) Operating System Android 7....
  • Billy-J
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Music pausing randomly

The spotify on my phone (Huawei P10) keeps pausing the music randomly at different times.I've been having this problem for a long time and I've tried everything (restarting my device, reinstalling Spotify etc.) but nothing seems to work.

• The spotify on my phone (Huawei P10) keeps pausing the music randomly at different times. I've been having this problem for a long time and I've tried everything (restarting my device, reinstalling ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't listen music from Local Files in my phone

PlanPremiumCountry BrazilDeviceZenfone 2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHello, everyone!I'd like to know if it's still possible to listen to the musics I downloaded in my computer and past in Local Files on Spotify. I can listen in my com...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Brazil Device Zenfone 2 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Hello, everyone! I'd like to know if it's still possible to listen to the musics I d...
  • joaovpassos
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify local file track from PC shows as unavailable, but can be played normally.

Don't know how to better describe it. I can tap on it and it plays like any other track, but I can't add it to any playlists or to the queue, the only option that shows up is 'Remove'.I tried clearing the cache for the app both from Spotify and from ...

• Regular
  • Don't know how to better describe it. I can tap on it and it plays like any other track, but I can't add it to any playlists or to the queue, the only option that shows up is 'Remove'. I tried clear...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app randomly stops

PlanPremiumDeviceRedMiOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I play music from my downloaded library and, randomly, the music just stops, sometimes mid song. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app but I still have the problem

• Plan Premium Device RedMi Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  I play music from my downloaded library and, randomly, the music just stops, sometimes mid song. I h...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Not really downloaded

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceMoto G5Operatingting SystemAndroid My Question or Issue I have downloaded my music on a Sd card. But without wifi, it doesn't work. The songs have a green arrow and everything, but it just doesn't work without w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device Moto G5 Operatingting System Android   My Question or Issue  I have downloaded my music on a Sd card. But without wifi, it doesn't work...
  • Tiesvanschaik
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • downloaded
    not downloaded
    sd card
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay working when not enabled.

Whenever I finish a playlist on the Android mobile app, it will play suggested songs. When I go into my settings, the autoplay option is disabled, the slider is gray. But the playlist still autoplays. On the desktop app, it does not do that, only on ...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I finish a playlist on the Android mobile app, it will play suggested songs. When I go into my settings, the autoplay option is disabled, the slider is gray. But the playlist still autoplays...
  • rachelmontrose
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Inconsistent "Favorite Songs" playlist

PlanFreeCountryBrazilDeviceMoto G5SOperating SystemAndroid 7.0 Hi, I'm having trouble understanding how this new "Favorite Songs" playlist works. On my computer it shows all the saved songs of my library, in my phone it shows only a few songs and som...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Brazil Device Moto G5S Operating System Android 7.0   Hi, I'm having trouble understanding how this new "Favorite Songs" playlist works. On my computer it shows all th...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download of local files stops!?

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI wanted to download local files from my computer to my phone. They are all mp3 and I can play them all on my computer. I put them into playlists, switched o...

• Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I wanted to download local files from my computer to my phone. They are all ...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Record videos without pausing spotify via bluetooth

PlanPremiumCountry ChileDeviceGalaxy S8+Operating SystemAndroid I want to record a video without spotify pausing itself automatically. When i listen to music via bluetooth to a speaker then hit record a video, spotify pauses. I want to record while l...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Chile Device Galaxy S8+ Operating System Android   I want to record a video without spotify pausing itself automatically. When i listen to music via bluetooth...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify constantly pausing... And I've paid my subscription!

I listen to music constantly... I'm used to playing ripped mp3w from my insanely huge CD collection... Someone finally convinced me to pay for Spotify because it pays artists, excellent!!!.... But what about the consumer...? I work hard, very hard......

• Casual Listener
  • I listen to music constantly... I'm used to playing ripped mp3w from my insanely huge CD collection... Someone finally convinced me to pay for Spotify because it pays artists, excellent!!!.... But wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify is a waste of money
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Note 9, Storage Change After Reboot

PlanPremiumCountry CanadaDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 When my device reboots it switches from my premium 128GB Sandisk SD Card back to the default internal storage. I've seen many people with this issue and not one comment...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country  Canada Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Operating System Android 8.1.0   When my device reboots it switches from my premium 128GB Sandisk SD Card back to the defa...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Android
    internal
    restart
    sd card
    storage
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Copy Playlist on Android

PlanPremiumCountry GermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy s 9Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueSorry for my Englisch! Hi Im Moving From Napster and i Missing a Feature that i offen use, Is there a way to copy a Playlist to a New Playlist so i did...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Germany Device Samsung  Galaxy s 9 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Sorry for my Englisch!   Hi  Im Moving Fro...
  • Olbi89
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice Samsung Galaxy 6My Question or IssueSpotify tells me I am offline and that no internet connection is available, although it was working fine yesterday. This happens intermittently. I have checked the Offline Mode setting. I...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device  Samsung Galaxy 6 My Question or Issue Spotify tells me I am offline and that no internet connection is available, although it was working fine yesterday. T...
  • Jose_M
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Issues with app - LG G6

Top level infoPlan: PremiumCountry: United KingdomDevice: LG G6Software version: v20c-234-20Operating System: Android 8.0.0Spotify version: 8.4.68.911 armV7 My Question or IssueThere are significant issues with the Spotify app on the LG G6, they rend...

• Casual Listener
  • Top level info Plan: Premium Country: United Kingdom Device: LG G6 Software version: v20c-234-20 Operating System: Android 8.0.0 Spotify version: 8.4.68.911 armV7   My Que...
  • vfjelde
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound quality issues

PlanPremium DeviceVarious Operating SystemAndroid 7.1 /8.1 My Question or Issue Hi,I have issues with my sound quality recently. It seems to have started ~8 months ago, when there was a fourth quality setting introduced. I use an Android TV Box into ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium   Device Various  Operating System Android 7.1 /8.1   My Question or Issue  Hi, I have issues with my sound quality recently. It seems to have start...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Vivo latest os BUG

PlanPremiumCountryPhilippines DeviceVivo Y81Operating SystemAndroid 8.1 (Oreo based on Funtouch OS 4.0) My Question or IssueAfter I updated my phone and downloaded songs my entire spotify app doesnt respond pls fix because I still have alot of days i...

• Plan Premium Country Philippines   Device Vivo Y81 Operating System Android 8.1 (Oreo based on Funtouch OS 4.0)   My Question or Issue After I updated my phone and downloaded son...
  • TomLegend
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Thinks I'm Offline

PlanPaidCountryUS DeviceOnePlus6Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or Issue The Spotify app thinks I'm offline every time I search for music. Both wifi and mobile data produce the same result and I can say with 100% certainty that I'm online.

• Plan Paid Country US  Device OnePlus6 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue  The Spotify app thinks I'm offline every time I search for music. Both wifi and mo...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes