Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music disappearing

Music disappearing

I use Spotify on my phone - Nexus 6p and on my computer. I put all music that I save to download on my phone, however not on my computer. I notice my music keeps being deleted on my phone. I had my cellular data on, and didn't know all my music was deleted or that it started downloading once I turned it on, and there went my 5 GB of data. This has now been an regular occurrence. Looking for some advice. Is it because I don't download on my computer that it periodically deletes from my phone ?🤔
4 Replies

Do you have more then 10% free space on the storage medium? Are you a premium user and do you connect (go online) more than once every 30 days?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Yes I am a premium, I also never put Spotify to offline, incase I want to
stream a song. I just have it set not to use cellular data for download
now.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

It is also happening to me. I have a SSD where all music gets downloaded. It is the third time (in a few days) that while playing a song, it suddenly stops (and resume after a few seconds) but the app shows like there are no downloaded songs and ignores the SSD card (the music is still there because I only it use for SSD and I can see the storage is still occupied).

I have to erase the SSD, and download again all songs, considering thet they are more than 3000 this is really a pain.

I am a premium user, my device is Android 5.1.1 and my android version is 5.3.0.995

I changed cellphones some weeks ago and this is the SDD I used in the other phone (where spotify worked for more than a year without issues). I have erased all contents in the SSD several times by now (as I mentioned, each time this problem happened)

Suggested posts