Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music interrupted by "avs media demo"

Music interrupted by "avs media demo"

Hi there community,

My music is being interrupted every 20-30 seconds by a female voice with a british accent saying (I think)AVS media demo. It just started on my drive home, using galaxy s3

Any suggestions?

Thank you

4 Replies

Hey there @notkuroda, welcome to the community!

That most definitely shouldn't be happening! Can you try doing uninstalling then reinstalling the app? Make sure you are installing the new Spotify app - Spotify Music.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Could these be local files you have imported into Spotify and synchronised to your phone? The "AVS media demo" voice is normally something that results from using an unlicensed version of one of the AVS audio conversion tools to convert audio files from one format to another and so, if you have used one of these tools to convert any of your local files, this is likely to be the cause.

Hi

I get the message on my mum's account. 

She told me she had some trouble with a message sounding, only when certain songs where being played.

I've experienced it my self, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Spotify, and signing out on all accounts, and the message keeps repeating.

My mum only listens to music she finds on Spotify, so it's not an issue regarding privacy or legal rights.

Can anyone please help, or at least make a suggestion?

Kind regards

Camilla, on behalf of Gurli

Hi, this message is caused by the artist, or their representation, using a demo version of software called 'AVS Media Player' to edit or save their songs. The demo version inserts 'audio watermarks' into the tracks to prevent the artist from using their software for free.

This is not a fault caused by Spotify, however, it may be worth making a note of which tracks this occurs on and reporting them to Spotify staff.

If possible, alert the artist themselves through their social media platforms and they may be able to remove the watermarked version of the album and upload a proper version.

Suggested posts