Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music is playing but no sound

Music is playing but no sound

I just got spotify premium with the family plan and now my spotify is being weird. It was working fine the night before, so I'm not sure what is up with it?

When I try to play a song it shows thats it playing on the play bar but no sound comes out. Its not my speaker or headphones because sound works with other apps. I also logged into my account on my sister's phone and it worked fine there.

I've tried everything that was recommended to me including: 

-uninstalling and reinstalling the app

-clearing all data for the app

-clearing cache

-restarting phone

-taking sd card out and putting back in

-using WiFi instead of data

I am using a LG Aristo and my provider is MetroPCS. Please help!

2 Replies

This is a hard one. I personally never heard of a problem like this.  I'm not familiar with your phone brand. I honestly can't think of what would cause it. I can't even find anything on the interent.

HOWEVER! When I purchased my Samsung S9+ I discovered that Spotify was not compatible with my sound settings. I had to disable a few. Maybe this is what's happending in your case? I don't know if you're using Android or not. But.... If you are, just go to Spotify settings, then select "Equalizer." Now, disable "UHQ Upscaler," then "Tube Amp Pro,", and then "Concert Hall (if enabled)." Those settings gave me grief, and made the sound on spotify intolerable. So far it's been ok to keep "Dolby Atmos" enabled. Let me know if that helps.

Also,

Can a mod move this post to the "Help" section? Thanks...

Suggested posts