Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How do we see which playlist your favorite song is in.

My Question or Issue We listened a song and we loved it. We want to see which playlist used this song, and we want to listen songs,like that song.

•   My Question or Issue  We listened a song and we loved it. We want to see which playlist used this song, and we want to listen songs,like that song. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlists still using mobile data

I've been doing some reading, it seems like it shouldnt do this, yet it still does. Are there plans to fix it?

•   I've been doing some reading, it seems like it shouldnt do this, yet it still does.   Are there plans to fix it?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify option import Android

A day ago I had a Spotify premium account where I had the option to import. But, now with my new account I do not have that option I need help on how to fix that my current account is premium

• A day ago I had a Spotify premium account where I had the option to import. But, now with my new account I do not have that option I need help on how to fix that my current account is premium
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • import android fix premium
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

• Visitor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No lock screen controls LG stylo 4

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceLG stylo 4Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 My Question or Issue I cannot get the control panel to come up on my lock screen. On my old phone (LG K20 plus) this just happened automatically .

• Plan Premium Country  USA Device LG stylo 4 Operating System Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue  I cannot get the control panel to come up on my lock screen. On my old phon...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Autoplay not working

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceNokia 8 + Samsung Tab S2Operating SystemAndroid 8.1.0 + Android 7.0 My Question or Issue Since several weeks autoplay stopped working. Deleting cache, turning autoplay option off-on, reinstalling app, rebooting devi...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Nokia 8 + Samsung Tab S2 Operating System Android 8.1.0 + Android 7.0   My Question or Issue  Since several weeks autoplay stopped working....
  • maillucasribeir
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Opening app keeps launching Chrome.

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceDroid / Mototola Z ForceOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue So I had to uninstall Spotify as several songs just kept freezing that were donwloaded. I reinstalled and now everytime I open Spotify it launches Chrome...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device Droid / Mototola Z Force Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   So I had to uninstall Spotify as several songs just kept ...
  • Guido
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I don't have chart in Browse

PlanPremiumCountry SwitzerlandDeviceOne plus 5Operating SystemAndroid Oreo Hello,I have an issue with my Spotify. I don't have the chart in Browse.Why I can see this chart ?Thank's for your answers.Cédric Gerber

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Switzerland Device One plus 5 Operating System Android Oreo   Hello, I have an issue with my Spotify. I don't have the chart in Browse. Why I can see this...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Chart
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to use lock widget on huawei p20 pro

PlanPremiumCountryUnited Kingdom DeviceHuawei p20 proOperating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue When my phone is locked and listening to spotify music the only image on the lock screen is the spotify banner that you can only click on and then you n...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom  Device Huawei p20 pro Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  When my phone is locked and listening to spotify music the only im...
  • Kimoki
  • Casual Listener
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 11 likes

Superuser Contribution Android TV every time need to log in

Hello,I have problem after latest update 0.12 ver on my Sony android TV. now after switching off and on TV I need to login everytime to my acount...Can anyone help with advice?ThanksPlanFree/PremiumCountry LTDeviceSony TVOperating SystemAndroid My Qu...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I have problem after latest update 0.12 ver on my Sony android TV. now after switching off and on TV I need to login everytime to my acount... Can anyone help with advice? Thanks Plan Fre...
  • tj112
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Galaxy Watch. Can't play offline music without data off.

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceGalaxy WatchOperating SystemLatest My Question or IssueI've managed to log in and download a playlist to my watch. (Which wasn't at all a straight forward task, this also needs attention).But when I'm away from my pho...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Galaxy Watch Operating System Latest   My Question or Issue I've managed to log in and download a playlist to my watch. (Which wasn't at all a str...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Galaxy
    Samsung
    watch
    wearable
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Can´t control my music with my smartwatch anymore

Hello,My Smartwatch was the Generation 3 from Fossil, Typ Control. It goes with the Wear OS by Google App. I connected it to my Huwaii P8 light Phone. Till the last Weekend I can choose from my watch my Playlist, start and stopp it and can choose the...

•   Hello, My Smartwatch was the Generation 3 from Fossil, Typ Control. It goes with the Wear OS by Google App. I connected it to my Huwaii P8 light Phone. Till the last Weekend I can choose fro...
  • UrbanPhotoman
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Android Auto - library order - upsort Download

Android auto Spotify app is very inconvenient to use to listen to Downloaded music. The first option on the higher levels of the navigation are all about online play lists. It takes 2 more levels to get to Downloaded (and scroll to the end of the lis...

• Casual Listener
  • Android auto Spotify app is very inconvenient to use to listen to Downloaded music. The first option on the higher levels of the navigation are all about online play lists. It takes 2 more levels to ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

[Chromecast] Connection lost too often

Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (Pixel 2 & Note and on three Chromecast devices. The ...

• Casual Listener
  • Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (P...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Chromecast] Different song under "now playing" than actually playing

Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (Pixel 2 & Note and on three Chromecast devices. - Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (P...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Chromecast] Problems with volume adjustement

Copying from https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Please-fix-chromecast-with-Spotify/m-p/2459136 since it's marked "Solved" even though it's not solved. Happens on two different Android phones (Pixel 2 & Note and on three Chromecast devices. - Of...

• Casual Listener
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback issues since last update : Android 9

PlanPremiumDeviceGoogle pixelOperating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or Issue Since updating my phone I have lost the playback on both the lock screen and homescreen. I have enabled all the notifications and nothing has changed. Any help or advice?

• Plan Premium Device Google pixel Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue  Since updating my phone I have lost the playback on both the lock screen and homescreen. I have e...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Search function

PlanPremiumCountry SingaporeDevice(Samsung note 9)Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue My Spotify search function keeps stating goes online to search more. But I have already check my settings and I'm not in offline mode. How do I solve this?

• Plan Premium Country  Singapore Device (Samsung note 9) Operating System Android    My Question or Issue  My Spotify search function keeps stating goes online to search ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Mobile Playlist MixUp

Sometimes on my free Spotify mobile app, my playlists will randomly stop, and then seemingly play some other, random playlist that I've never heard of. The only fix I've found is to restart my entire device. Any Help?

• Sometimes on my free Spotify mobile app, my playlists will randomly stop, and then seemingly play some other, random playlist that I've never heard of. The only fix I've found is to restart my entire...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant search online, even though I'm in online mode

PlanPremiumCountry USDeviceGalaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0 My Question or Issue Spotify will not let me search for a song or artist. Every time I try, it says to go online to search. I know that im online, because browse and discover work perfec...

• Plan Premium Country  US Device Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 8.0   My Question or Issue  Spotify will not let me search for a song or artist. Every time I try, it says ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes