Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music not available on my phone but available on my laptop ?

Music not available on my phone but available on my laptop ?

I don't know how to fix this problem.
I uploaded music that I had for many years on my laptop to my Spotify account. I made a private album with all of it and I can listen to it on my pc, but as soon as I am on my mobile phone, it is unavaible. 

I tried to dowload it but it didn't. I tried to uninstall and re-install Spotify but the problem still remain.

Can somebody please help me ? I need to listen to those track for a show we are planning. Thank you.

1 Reply

You need to follow the steps here to download your local files to your mobile. If the download doesn't start, here's a list of things to check.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

Suggested posts