Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music randomly stopping

Music randomly stopping

I'm having an issue that has really been bothering me and it has been happening on all the phones that I have had it installed on lately and is really starting to upset me.  Anyway, I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and it's doing it on here as well.  My music that is playing on my phone will just randomly stop playing, if I click on play it will start back up like nothing happened, but then it could go 10 seconds and stop again, could go 2 songs and stop again, but sooner or later, it stops on its own again.  This happens on both WiFi and 4G LTE, and at the times that it does happen with the 4G LTE it isn't because of bad signal because in the spots that it will do it, I can get it to start right back up by pressing play and if I do a speed test in the spot where it stopped, I'll show full signal and speedtests will show over 40 Mbps, there should be no issues getting music to play on those speeds.  Also it happens on WiFi and speedtests there show over 120 Mbps, so there has to be something going on.  Anyone have isses like this and if so any ideas what I can do to fix this?  It's really annoying and is starting to happen so frequently that I'm not going to continue my subscription as I'll switch to someone else that will be able to give a good experience which would be too bad because I really do like Spotify.

6 Replies

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6 (not the Edge) and mine does this as well.  I haven't been able to find a solution, but it requires me to look at my phone a LOT while I'm driving, which is, obviously, not a great thing.  On my drive to work today (about an hour commute), I would say I had to hit play easily 25+ times because it kept pausing.  

Spotify, please address this issue!  I see people talking about it since at least 2012, scrolling through your forums!  I'm a paid member and considering dropping my membership over it!

I think I may have corrected it, working better for sure anyway if it didn't, but it does seem to have stopped doing it....Just out of curiousity do you have the "Xfinity Connect" app installed on your phone?

@Zintain wrote:

I think I may have corrected it, working better for sure anyway if it didn't, but it does seem to have stopped doing it....Just out of curiousity do you have the "Xfinity Connect" app installed on your phone?

No, I don't.

I'm facing the same issue. After 5 or 10 minutes the music stops playing. No error message.
Device: Samsung Galaxy A3
Android: 5.0.2
Spotify: Premium
Wifi, 3G e 4G LTE

Is there anybody from Spotify. I have a S7 Edge and after the latest update of Android, I have the same issue on LTE. If I use another music app, same location, same LTE tower, no problem so this is a Spotify app problem. Annybody from spotify look at this forum?

Yep me too and it's been much worse for the last couple of months. On my S7 and still doing it on my new S8 with a newly downloaded version of the app. As soon as I find another app that allows me to download my playlist I will be dropping my sub.

Suggested posts