Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops and Spotify screen goes black

Music stops and Spotify screen goes black

While listening to my music , the music suddenly stops. When I unlock my phone to figure out why, the Spotify app screen is completely black I have to completely close the app. Wait 2 or 3 min. Then restart the app. It has only been happening for about 2 weeks now and happens at least twice in a 8 hour period. Does anyone else have this problem or a way of fixing it?
5 Replies

Let me guess... you have a Samsung phone???

Disable Power Saver in the phone settings and you should be all good. This is a common issue with Samsung devices

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Power saving is disabled. Lol. Yup Samsung s6. I will try turning power saving on then off again and see. Thank you

Hi Daniel,

I couldn't find anything about a black screen on a PC. But I'm having this problem now for ages... I reinstalled the app now for the 8th time and it still shows only a black screen and File/Edit/View and that's it. I have a Spotify Premium account and I want to listen to it in Luxembourg. This should not be a problem, because it was working before perfectly. Hope you can help me? Thanks in advance Eva

Hey @Lottibert83 this isn't really the right place for desktop issues but take a look at this thread to see if the solutions posted there help.

Suggested posts