Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops playing once phone screen locks after 2 minutes. Was never a problem before this week.

Music stops playing once phone screen locks after 2 minutes. Was never a problem before this week.

Samsung Galaxy 10+

Premium Plan

5 Replies

Hey @DMC007 

I wouldn't know how your device's settings are configured but I think it's likely where the problem is.

Can you try and manage app permissions in settings

Make sure Spotify can play in the background.

Or you can check your lock settings, it's possible they're not set to allow apps working after locking and not just Spotify app.

Thanks

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can follow these fixes:

• Make sure to disable battery optimization for Spotify app.
  • Check sleeping apps: Make sure the app is not listed in Sleeping apps.
  • Clear local data and cache.

Hello,

I’ve read your post and it seems like an annoying issue. So, you can try these fixes to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Disable battery optimization, because it’s a feature that restricts background operations to save your phone’s battery.
  2. Log out to your Spotify account, then re-login, by doing this can fix the problem easily. To do so, navigate to Spotify > Settings > Log out, and after that log in to your account back.

I hope these methods help you in fixing the issue, if this didn’t help, then you can check through the complete guide on it as there are more proven solutions - Spotify Stops Playing When Screen Is OFF On Android – Fix It Now!

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Galaxy S21 Ultra

Operating System

Android 13?

App stops playing when screen is off. 

My Question or Issue

I found that I got this problem after changing to a Samsung s23 Ultra. I tried all the suggested fixes 2 with no joy. I then noted that my Browser Duck Duck Go had blacked 4000 tracking attempts by Spotify in the week I had the phone. I only use Spotify about 2hours a day, so this number of tracking attempts seems to be rather excessive. I turned off the option to block the trackers and no longer had the issue. To confirm this was the cause I blocked the trackers again and the issue returned. Why so much tracking Spotify? 

Suggested posts