Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music stops while screen is shut in my pocket

Music stops while screen is shut in my pocket

Hello, I've got a Samsung 10+ and it's one week that music stops playing while I got my phone in my pocket sometimes for a minute, sometimes for longer. It happens every 2 minutes!! ๐ŸคฌI need to press pause and play on my earphones to restart listening. Why?

Plan

Free

Country

Italy

10 Replies

Hey @alse19 thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

I would actually recommend doing a clean reinstall on your device. It might also be beneficial if you can restart your device, although it sounds simple, it can help from time to time.

Finally, if none of those work try clearing your cache and data by following these steps:

Step 1: Head to the Settings menu.
Step 2: Find Apps (or Applications, depending on your device) in the menu, then locate the app that you want to clear the cache or data for.
Step 3: Tap on Storage and the buttons for clearing the cache and app data will become available.

Here is a video to help with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-PeUOLLk0s

Let me know how it goes,

Jack ๐Ÿ™‚

Same issue, new phone, fresh install of spotify. Tried 2 different headsets, one wired, the other bluetooth. only happens in my pocket.  started 2 days ago.  Had it out of my pocket and no issues at all. Can walk and shake it, anything and no issues.  If i put it in my pocket. it pauses.  first time i click to play it will play for 1 sec and then off. 2nd time it will last a min or so.  then repeat the issues with 1 sec then 1 min. etc.  

I'm having the same issue. Did you end up fixing it?

I have a s10e

Hey there @Dylanpartridge,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We'd first suggest making sure of the following:

• Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps
  • Spotify isn't listed in Sleeping Apps or in disabled apps
  • The app is allowed to run in the background - you can check this from your device's Settings > Apps > Spotify > Battery > Allow background activity should be toggled on

If these don't do the trick, we'd recommending performing a thorough reinstallation of the app on your Samsung device with the steps in this Spotify Answer.

@notamusedatm and @alse19, if you're still experiencing this, make sure to try the steps above.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Happy Holidays ๐Ÿ™‚

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Iโ€™m on IOS, and Iโ€™ve tried all this but itโ€™s still happening. It only happens in my pocket, not if itโ€™s on the table or Iโ€™m holding it.

Hey @Jonah6,

We had this issue in the past but it should be solved. Are you sure you are on the latest version? Perhaps try this thorough reinstallation as it contains some additional steps.

If this doesn't help, please let us know if it happens with one or any pairs of headphones.

Let us know how it goes! Have a nice day.

I have tried everything, but I think mines is also different, because when I put it in my pocket it skips to the next song! 

I too had the same issue but mine may or may not be isolated. I determined my issue was the tws earbuds in-ear detection. Once I turned that off all was good. No pausing and no skipping. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies in this thread ๐Ÿ™‚

@benlou9 can you let us know the exact make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you use? Also, itโ€™d be awesome if you share with us the troubleshooting youโ€™ve already done. This way we can recommend other alternatives.

@RowgaDawg we really appreciate the time you took to share with the Community those details. Weโ€™re happy to know you could sort this out.

Keep us in the loop and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any other questions.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

RowgaDawg straight up dropped the answer and got no love. Thanks man!

Suggested posts