Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Repeat one disables itself 2022

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHuawei Mate 20proOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSeems like there are a few running threads on this forum reporting issues of the repeat one button disabling itself after skipping over to the next track or sta...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Huawei Mate 20pro Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Seems like there are a few running threads on this forum reporting issues of the rep...
  • mkaansah
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Music goes silent mid song

I have recently updated my account to family account. So i have created a user for my other half and linked it to my account. For some reason when he is logged in as me spotify works perfectly fine, when hes logged in as himself the music just goes s...

• Visitor
  • I have recently updated my account to family account. So i have created a user for my other half and linked it to my account. For some reason when he is logged in as me spotify works perfectly fine, ...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't connect to android auto unless you force stop and restart

I've got an oppo find X3 pro and there's a recurring problem with the latest version of Spotify where it refuses to connect to android auto unless you force stop and restart the app. Can anyone help?

• I've got an oppo find X3 pro and there's a recurring problem with the latest version of Spotify where it refuses to connect to android auto unless you force stop and restart the app. Can anyone help?
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Tapping in between certain regions in app UI produces unexpected results

Case 1:1. I'm viewing an album/playlist while I listen to a song2. I want to expand the play bar to see duration, have full control over playhead, etc3. I unintentionally tap *just below* the play bar (about 1mm space between play bar and Home/Search...

• Music Fan
  • Case 1: 1. I'm viewing an album/playlist while I listen to a song 2. I want to expand the play bar to see duration, have full control over playhead, etc 3. I unintentionally tap *just below* the p...
  • jumunius
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add albums to library

I have always highlighted the heart button to add an album to my library. Now, highlighting the heart does nothing and the heart becomes unhighlighted when I navigate away from the album then go back to it.

• Casual Listener
  • I have always highlighted the heart button to add an album to my library. Now, highlighting the heart does nothing and the heart becomes unhighlighted when I navigate away from the album then go bac...
  • Prague
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution app very slow on mobile network but ok on wifi

Plan :PremiumCountry : France DeviceRedmi note 8 proOperating SystemAndroid 10 / miui 12.0.4 Hello, when I use spotify with the mobile network the application run after 58sec (black screen with a circle green and home serach library but nothing else)...

• Plan :Premium Country : France   Device Redmi note 8 pro Operating System Android 10 / miui 12.0.4   Hello, when I use spotify with the mobile network the application run after 58se...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Low Quality Sharing on Instagram Stories

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueWhen I share a song on Instagram Stories there is no option in the top left corner to "Play on Spotify". Additionally, the quality of the image is...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue When I share a song on Instagram Stories there is no option in the top...
  • brianelete
  • Roadie
  • 30 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 30 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps crashing whenever I open the music tab on my home page

I was interested in trying the new DJ feature but whenever I open the Music tab on the home page so I can select the DJ feature the screen freezes and the app crashes before I can even select anything.

• Visitor
  • I was interested in trying the new DJ feature but whenever I open the Music tab on the home page so I can select the DJ feature the screen freezes and the app crashes before I can even select anythin...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Instalar Spotify

No me acepta el Spotify en un teléfono Samsung, el nombre y clave si lo puedo entrar, pero en el teléfono no me lo permite, dice que ocurrió un error y no me permite instalar Spotify

• Visitor
  • No me acepta el Spotify en un teléfono Samsung, el nombre y clave si lo puedo entrar, pero en el teléfono no me lo permite, dice que ocurrió un error y no me permite instalar Spotify
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I am not able to Play any song and if i open a playlist there are no songs.

I tried everything thimg but i am not able to play song on by phone in the spotify app. All the playlists are empty. I am click on a song from search it just won't play.

• Visitor
  • I tried everything thimg but i am not able to play song on by phone in the spotify app. All the playlists are empty. I am click on a song from search it just won't play.
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't play my downloaded music, how do I fix it

I have tried loging in on other devices, reseting the app, reinstalling it, allowing premissions, reinstalling all of my songs and playlists but nothing works

• Visitor
  • I have tried loging in on other devices, reseting the app, reinstalling it, allowing premissions, reinstalling all of my songs and playlists but nothing works
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how do I search in playlists for all the songs where a singer appears?

When I want to search in my playlist for all the songs where a singer appears, it only gives me the songs where he is the first singer, but not where he is second, third, etc. For example: if I want to search for Maria Becerra in my playlist, songs s...

• Visitor
  • When I want to search in my playlist for all the songs where a singer appears, it only gives me the songs where he is the first singer, but not where he is second, third, etc. For example: if I wan...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading Playlist - stuck at 99%

Hi. I'm trying to download a playlist to my phone (galaxy s3 mini, android 4.1), but it gets stuck at 99%. I have read other posts related to this matter, did almost everything people say that helped: - Cleaned Cache - Erased data on SD card - Uninst...

• Hi.   I'm trying to download a playlist to my phone (galaxy s3 mini, android 4.1), but it gets stuck at 99%. I have read other posts related to this matter, did almost everything people say ...
  • redhotpitshifte
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New songs added to a playlist won't download.

When I add new songs to a downloaded playlist the new songs won't download. The only way is to remove and download entire playlist again.

• Visitor
  • When I add new songs to a downloaded playlist the new songs won't download. The only way is to remove and download entire playlist again.
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

WiFi Sync causing phone to crash

Hello, I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860), Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7. (rooted obviously) My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have two android devices, an ASUS Transformer Tablet, and my mobile phone (MB860). When ...

• Regular
  • Hello,   I have a Motorola Atrix 4G (MB860),  Running CyanogenMod7, android ver 2.3.7.  (rooted obviously)   My problem im having is with the wifi sync for spotifiy. I have tw...
  • danieljake
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes