Premium

Country

United States 

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10E

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have seen other posts on this forum with the same issue but with no answers to them, and I am having the exact same issue. My issue is that my music suddenly stops when I have my phone screen off. This usually happens when I am using my mobile data, but I have my songs downloaded so they shouldn't stop at all. I have disabled the battery limit and I have tried clearing the cache but to no avail. It gets really annoying when it pauses every few seconds and then I have to keep turning my screen on to get it back.

4 Replies

Seems like its only us S10 users. I hope Spotify will fix this soon. Otherwise I'm going to switch to another plaform. 90% of the time you do listen to music when the screen is turned off. And you cant do this right now. 

-> app unusable.

Hey guys,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this! 

Could you follow the steps in this post in the exact same order as given there and let us know what happens? Thanks in advance!

We're here for you 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

S9+ User here, experiencing the same issue. It is blatantly obvious its an Android 9 problem after reading all the other posts and the Moderators keep replying with the standard ' follow the steps in this post ' which has no effect.

Hey there @slowwater8@Cainos and @gmnoblack,

If Spotify is set as an exception for any battery optimization apps, could you also double check that there are no pending software updates on your device? If you find any, make sure to install them, switch off your device and back on again, then start Spotify.

If that doesn't do the trick, there's an Ongoing Issue thread that you can add your +VOTE and info here so we can pass this on to the right teams.

Hope this helps! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts