Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping tracks and randomly starting to play

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUKDevice Samsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy spotify is currently virtually unusable, when listening to a track it randomly skips to the next track after about 20 seconds. Also, when paused it ran...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Family Country UK Device  Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My spotify is currently virtually unusable, when listening to a track it ...
  • Spodge
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving Spotify: Any Recommendations & How to move Artists from Spotify to Deezer

PlanPremiumCountry Ireland DeviceAndroid One Plus 6Operating SystemOxygenOS My Question or IssueThe latest Android update has made the spotify app an unusable mess. Since they are never going to roll this back after clearly there was a lot wasted hou...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  Ireland   Device Android One Plus 6 Operating System OxygenOS   My Question or Issue The latest Android update has made the spotify app an unusable mes...
  • Illmatic85x
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android update
    Deezer
    Leaving Spotify
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Download Library

PlanStudentCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueI used to be able to add music to my library without it automatically downloading. About 2 days ago it started downloading songs as soon as I added to th...

• Plan Student Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue I used to be able to add music to my library without it automatically downloa...
  • mfoster89
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug: add to playlist

Repeating a closed post without solution.. so the problem/bug is still there. "So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go and add a song to one of my playlists they are always sorted b...

• Regular
  • Repeating a closed post without solution.. so the problem/bug is still there.   "So I know I can sort the playlists and I managed to display them as CUSTOM like I like it, however when I go an...
  • Tptoby
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

All songs option has dissppeared

Premium subscription user. I have always gone to the tab that says songs and I shuffle all the songs in my library this has dissppeared. Why? It is still available on my pc version. Without this option spotify has lost all its value to me. I am very ...

• Regular
  • Premium subscription user.   I have always gone to the tab that says songs and I shuffle all the songs in my library this has dissppeared. Why?   It is still available on my pc version....
  • cskram
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Can't load any daily mix

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy J7 PrimeOperating System Android 8.1.0 My Question or IssueCan't play any daily mixes, "sorry , something went wrong" keeps appearing even though I clear the data, uninstall and install the app several times. I...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime Operating System  Android 8.1.0   My Question or Issue Can't play any daily mixes, "sorry , something went wrong" keeps ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How to remove full screen album art from lock screen?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,e...

• None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download full album

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceHuawei P10 liteOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssuePlease revert the f***** changes. I loved to download full albums and then shuffle all. Thats a feature my 20€ MP3-Player back in the days have had. And Spotify...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device Huawei P10 lite Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Please revert the f***** changes. I loved to download full albums and then shuffle a...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

playing saved songs on android auto no longer matches sort preference in app

going through the android auto menu and selecting to play My Songs now plays them alphebetically when in the app i have them sorted by recently added which is how they used to play before this update PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicegalaxy s10plusOperating...

• Casual Listener
  • going through the android auto menu and selecting to play My Songs now plays them alphebetically when in the app i have them sorted by recently added which is how they used to play before this update...
  • crazer119
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Connect stopped working on my account

Android apps version 8.5.12.758 & 8.5.11.762PlanPremium for familyCountryUKDeviceHonor View 10 (Android 9) + Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Android 5.1.1)Operating SystemAndroid 9 & 5.1.1 My Question or IssueToday I cannot connect to either Chromecast or ...

•  Android apps version 8.5.12.758 & 8.5.11.762 Plan Premium for family Country UK Device Honor View 10 (Android 9) + Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (Android 5.1.1) Operating System Android ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! No shuffle for playlist/ artist

PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceOnePlus 6Operating SystemOxygenOS 9.0.6 My Question or IssueThere is no option to shuffle the playlists (created or saved)/ play queue/ artist, etc. Also no "repeat song" button is available. The only playlist with an option...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country India Device OnePlus 6 Operating System OxygenOS 9.0.6   My Question or Issue There is no option to shuffle the playlists (created or saved)/ play queue/ artist, etc....
  • ndp3
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Podcasts randomly pausing on Android

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceGoogle Pixel 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueEver since the recent update to the app, podcasts randomly keep pausing and it makes no difference if I have other apps running, the screen locked or no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Google Pixel 2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Ever since the recent update to the app, podcasts randomly keep pausing and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Podcasts
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Dan Carlin's hardcore history episode 50 and 51 won't playback

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceGoogle pixel XL 2Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssuePodcast Dan Carlin's Hardcore History episodes 50 and 51 will not playback. Believe it to be an issue on Spotify's end; I've tried restarting, clearing cache an...

•   Plan Premium Country US   Device Google pixel XL 2 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Podcast Dan Carlin's Hardcore History episodes 50 and 51 will not pla...
  • Stamperman
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Home screen rarely changing

PlanPremiumCountry: India Device: Samsung A7 (2018)Operating System : Android Pie My Question or IssueOff Late, my Home screen seems to be rarely updating. The Recently played keeps changing and New releases keeps stacking up. But Recommended for you...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country: India   Device: Samsung A7 (2018) Operating System : Android Pie   My Question or Issue Off Late, my Home screen seems to be rarely updating. The Recently play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent changes to "Recently Played" functionality

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung S8Operating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueThe "Recently Played" functionality no longer shows the individual songs I have recently played. Instead it only lists the Playlist, Artist or Album name. This...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung S8 Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue The "Recently Played" functionality no longer shows the individual songs I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How to remove saved songs?

Can we no longer remove individual songs from saved albums? I would always remove live/bonus/demo tracks that are on some albums because I'm not interested in listening to them. I'm not sure if Spotify updated the android app lately but that feature ...

• Can we no longer remove individual songs from saved albums? I would always remove live/bonus/demo tracks that are on some albums because I'm not interested in listening to them. I'm not sure if Spoti...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Locally saved albums not loading when no network

PlanPremiumDevicePixel 2Operating SystemLatest Android version My Question or IssueWhen I'm in a remote location with no Wi-Fi or Mobile network I'm not able to to load my locally downloaded album list. Weirdly, it works for the playlists I downloade...

•  Plan Premium Device Pixel 2 Operating System Latest Android version    My Question or Issue When I'm in a remote location with no Wi-Fi or Mobile network I'm not able to to lo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

client is getting worse and worse

PlanPremiumCountrygermanyDevicexperia xz1Operating Systemandroid 9 My Question or Issuei have been using spotify for several years now and although the client lacked some basic functions i got used to it.very basic and very annoying and very hard to ...

• Plan Premium Country germany Device xperia xz1 Operating System android 9   My Question or Issue i have been using spotify for several years now and although the client lacked some bas...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Like/dislike songs and artists doesn't work with Google Assistant

I'm using Spotify on a Google Pixel 3A According to Google documentation, it should be possible to like or dislike songs via Google Assistant, bit it doesn't work. Spotify app will open but then nothing happens.This is a very useful feature why doesn...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify on a Google Pixel 3A According to Google documentation, it should be possible to like or dislike songs via Google Assistant, bit it doesn't work. Spotify app will open but then noth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Other
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Play just songs where certain Artists appears, even if is not of his/her own album

PlanPremiumCountryMéxico DeviceSamsung Galaxy S7Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueIs there a way to play just the songs of certain artist, including where he/she appears in other artist's albums? For example, Ariana Grande appears in C...

• Plan Premium Country México  Device Samsung Galaxy S7 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue Is there a way to play just the songs of certain artist, including ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes