Premium

Country

India

Device

Samsung Galaxy A30

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

My song keeps redownloading every time I open the the app. what can be the possible use of subscribing to premium if my songs aren't already downloaded?

Solutions I have tried:

1) Clear data and cache for the application

2) Uninstall the app

3) Reboot the phone after a minimal time gap

4) Reinstall the app

5) Voted myself in some on-going issues page on Spotify support

After all these solutions I am still dealing with this issue and I am already fed-up.

7 Replies

Hey @AmAn_Ch,

Thanks for the post! We'll do our best to help out.

Could you let us know if this is happening only with your Liked songs or with any downloaded playlist?

Also, does your phone have an SD card and if so, is it formatted as Internal or External storage?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, 

I think I am having this issue with my downloaded playlist too. I want to let you know that I have approximately 650 songs in my liked playlist and all of them have been divided into various playlists (also the download button is enable for liked songs including the playlist). So whatever I have downloaded starts from scratch when I open my application again the next day.
And about your other question, No I don't have an SD card.

Hey @AmAn_Ch,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you go into Settings > Switch Download using cellular Off, to make sure that your mobile data doesn't get wasted. 

After that switch the download button to Off on your Liked songs, Log out Everywhere and log back in on your phone. Try turning on the download function and check whether the app is trying to redownload on the next log in.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex, 

I did exactly as I was told and re-downloaded my playlist. I was able to access my songs in offline mode the same day.

But the very next day, I could notice the same issue I've been dealing with since day 1.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hi there @AmAn_Ch,

Thanks for the reply.

There might be an issue with the way your phone is saving Spotify's cache files. 

Could you go into the phone's settings and make sure:

• Battery/ Performance optimization is turned OFF for Spotify.
  • The Spotify app is granted all permissions, especially Storage.
  • Check if there is any cache clearing/ cleaning/ performance boosting app or process on your phone and disable that for Spotify. Such an app is Device Care on some Samsung phones. This app clears app cache every day, to increase performance, and since Spotify downloads are stored as cache, might be cleared by this.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AlexModerator

Hi Alex, 

I tried everything exactly as you said but it didn't go well. The thing is that the songs are accessible in offline mode for the same day only. When I open my app the very next day, my playlist starts redownloading.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hey @AmAn_Ch,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In this case we'd suggest you head here and contact our support team. The folks there can check your account and give you more information about it.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts