Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My Spotify mobile doesnt show my lyrics anymore, help?

My Spotify mobile doesnt show my lyrics anymore, help?

• Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Android

Operating system

Android 8 

My question or issue

Good morning/afternoon/night, so today I was thinking about singing using spotify as I can match notes, I open my Spotify and play my song but notice I cant scroll down to see the lyrics. In short, when I scroll down to see my lyrics I can't. Is it a problem with my phone, my app, or my account. I'm hoping its not my account thats the issue as I love my username. Please help though, I'd love to sing with my songs again!

I would show my video but it wont upload, all it is is me showing how when I swipe the lyrics don't exist.

3 Replies

Hey @RainyDays1, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

The Lyrics feature is available in a few markets. However, since it's still in its testing phase, it may not be available to all users or all devices in those selected markets.

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. This means that some users might see something on the app that others don't, or get a new feature to try temporarily.

I hope this clears things up! If you need a hand with anything else, you can always let me know 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Alright but my lyrics existed before-

Hey @RainyDays1

Thanks for the reply! 

As mentioned in my last reply, you may get features to try temporarily. Since the Lyrics feature isn't fully rolled out and still in its testing phase, it may explain why you aren't able to see this feature anymore. 

I can suggest a workaround which is to create a new account to see if the lyrics show up there (no guarantees that this will work). You can create a new account here.

You can also support the idea of bringing back lyrics here.

I hope this helps! I'll be here if you need anything else 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts