Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Android 12 update got rid of coverart themed playback notification. How do I change it back?

New Android 12 update got rid of coverart themed playback notification. How do I change it back?

Device
OPPO A73 5G

Operating System
Android 12 ColorOS

My phone updated overnight since ColorOS got a new update thing. I noticed the playback notification changed. It's now the default player that Android has, which is plain grey, apart from having to click an extra button to expand the notification and see the full track names if they're long, or show up the player buttons.

I don't know how to revert back to Spotify's

own integrated media player, where it's more complete and is far more colorful. Depending on the cover art of the curreny playing track, it would change the palette of the text and background of the notification to match the cover art of the song. 

How do I switch from Android's default playback notification to Spotify's own coverart-themed playback notification?

I've tried messing with the settings for the app's Notification and Status Bar options, but nothing is working.

Screenshots of before and after are attached. The "before" one isn't mine, it's from Google Images but it's to visualise the themed player that I mean. The all-grey player is the one from my phone.

h9g0pEEzLgiMpjXygU1U8GrdCVVU9rR8waeVcXirc6s.jpg
Screenshot_2022-01-18-16-46-28-97_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
9 Replies

Hey there @SpartaYoshi

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you log in to your account on a different phone to check if the issue persists there?

Additionally, would you mind trying again with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Lastly, could you let us know the exact Spotify version of your phone?

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

quite sure youre not understand his question

Hi folks!

This was recently changed, so now notification bar mini player's look is the default one, based on your operating system. We really value your feedback though, since it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Take care.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just got this update recently and I'm having this same issue, the player looks so bland now. On top of that, the removal of the album art lock screen backgrounds is saddening. I'd at least like the option to revert back to how things were, I hope this isn't a permanent change.

I've logged in to my other mobile phone and this problem isn't happening on that. And I have the same version (8.7.42.973)in both the devices. Please fix this thing 

It's already October and they still didn't fix it....

Screenshot_2022-10-31-08-26-45-35_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Screenshot_2022-10-31-08-23-07-56_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

Please bring back lockscreen album art! It was so fresh and easy. Not all this restrictiveness no new updates. Gross. I think I'm going to revert back to 11.

I want to know how that was done in coding.

I really wish they will change it back, it's just so bad without any color now 

Suggested posts