Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Spotify Music and not Spotify?

New Spotify Music and not Spotify?

I have been using spotify on my Android device for years and therfore have been a Premium Member for years too and I have been a very strong advocate of Spotify too.

Today I did an update which told me that "Spotify" was no longer in use and I had to install "Spotify Music"!

When I did this and it isntalled the widget has gone and is no longer available, I also had to download all of my offline playlists too, this doesnt really bother me at all but losing the widget is a major issue for me.

Couple this with the fact that Spotify is still not available on my LG Smart Tv I am now seriously concidering cancelling and moving to Deezer.

I dont understand why Spotify would remove such a usefull addition to their service, what next, removing the music?

Has anyone else lost the Widget or is it just me?

3 Replies

That's strange. I don't use the homescreen widget but I could still add one holding on the home screen as usual. Have you tried restarting your device?

I also had this happen when I first downloaded the update, but eventually the widget appeared. With all of the bugs in this release, hopefully they actually fixed the hole that allowed hackers to steal information.

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

I have this fixed now, I think it happend because the new Spotify Music had not over written the old SPotify, so I had 2 on my hpone

Suggested posts