Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I get spotify on 2 mobile devices?

Is there a way of getting spotify on my works mobile? I have spotify premium and have it on my laptop & HTC Sensation. Is there a multi instance setting where i can put spotify on my works phone?

• Casual Listener
  • Is there a way of getting spotify on my works mobile? I have spotify premium and have it on my laptop & HTC Sensation. Is there a multi instance setting where i can put spotify on my works phon...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify won't update my playlist

I have two playlists, one with all my music and a second, smaller, one for my mobile phone. I added a few songs to both playlists, but the songs won't come up on the playlist for my phone. So I can't sync them and listen to them when I'm offline. Fun...

• Casual Listener
  • I have two playlists, one with all my music and a second, smaller, one for my mobile phone. I added a few songs to both playlists, but the songs won't come up on the playlist for my phone. So I can't...
  • disapppointed
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting songs on androiod

Hello, I cannot seem to sort the songs on a playlist on my phone (e.g. by date added, by artsit). I can do this on the computer, but not the mobile. This is slightly annoying as e.g. some playlists are in alphabetic order on the computer, but on the ...

• Regular
  • Hello, I cannot seem to sort the songs on a playlist on my phone (e.g. by date added, by artsit). I can do this on the computer, but not the mobile. This is slightly annoying as e.g. some playli...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Solved!! listening to radio broadcast on android device

Apologies if this has been asked previously: I know I can listen to radio using desktop version of Spotify. Question is: how do I listen to / see the radio station listings while using my Android phone. All I seem to be able to do with the device is ...

• Apologies if this has been asked previously:  I know I can listen to radio using desktop version of Spotify.  Question is:  how do I listen to / see the radio station listings while us...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I exit the latest version?

The latest version of the Android app doesn't seem to have a Close/Exit function. When I finish listening, I don't want it running in the background.

• The latest version of the Android app doesn't seem to have a Close/Exit function. When I finish listening, I don't want it running in the background.
  • kingpetty-ca
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

I only use offline playlists on my phone, but still data usage.

I have a HTC One X and I use Spotify a lot. Every I travel about 3 hours with the train. And because I have only 1000 mb per month to use, I decided to use offline playlists I download on wifi in the morning or the evening before. Yesterday I saw I w...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a HTC One X and I use Spotify a lot. Every I travel about 3 hours with the train. And because I have only 1000 mb per month to use, I decided to use offline playlists I download on wifi in the...
  • Beyond_Life
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist and local tracks

Hey, I've got a LOT of music stored on my SD-card in my phone, and I made a playlist on my pc. Why doesn't Spotify Mobile just take the local files instead of downloading all files in the playlist again?

• Hey,   I've got a LOT of music stored on my SD-card in my phone, and I made a playlist on my pc. Why doesn't Spotify Mobile just take the local files instead of downloading all files in the ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I synced my android tablet, but my songs still won't play in regular or offline mode

im a subscriber, and i synced my andoid tablet to my spotify account on my laptop. on my tablet, they are shown as "downloaded" already, but when i click on a song, it says "the track is not available." under my devices tab, my starred playlist has a...

• Casual Listener
  • im a subscriber, and i synced my andoid tablet to my spotify account on my laptop.   on my tablet, they are shown as "downloaded" already, but when i click on a song, it says "the track is n...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! How can I download sync tracks to my sd on new spotify app for andorid ICS

Hi, I don´t no how to sync music to the sd instead of the internal storage on my android ICS.The previous method doesn´t work on the new app version.Thanks!!

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I don´t no how to sync music to the sd instead of the internal storage on my android ICS. The previous method doesn´t work on the new app version. Thanks!!
  • kinpin69
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist folder titles unreadable (light grey) off line

I have the latest android version installed on the galaxy S3. Due to the fact that playlist folders appear at the bottom of the list in this new version (ridiculous) I created a playlist folder called all, then 3 sub folders, artists, albums & playli...

• Not applicable
  • I have the latest android version installed on the galaxy S3. Due to the fact that playlist folders appear at the bottom of the list in this new version (ridiculous)  I created a playlist folder...
  • markdmc
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

All tracks "not available" offline - premium user

I have had no access to offline music for a few days now, both on my computer and on my HTC. On my computer I can listen to tracks online, but that doesn't even work on my HTC (I can see all the "what's new", do searches etc, and all my playlists are...

• Casual Listener
  • I have had no access to offline music for a few days now, both on my computer and on my HTC. On my computer I can listen to tracks online, but that doesn't even work on my HTC (I can see all the...
  • meahtenoha
  • Spotify
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

is it me or...

...is there no skip button now to get to the next track or the ability to cycle through a track. I've never known an update that has totally taken away so,much functionality.

• Regular
  • ...is there no skip button now to get to the next track or the ability to cycle through a track. I've never known an update that has totally taken away so,much functionality.
  • cinematique
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Streaming Spotify to Stereo Equipment

Hi there, At the moment I run Spotify on my Windows laptop while streaming music to my stereo via an Apple Airport Express. Therefore I use 'AirFoil' sofware from Rogue Amoebe (2 seconds delay, unfortunately). Now, I think about buying a Google Nexus...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,   At the moment I run Spotify on my Windows laptop while streaming music to my stereo via an Apple Airport Express. Therefore I use 'AirFoil' sofware from Rogue Amoebe (2 seconds...
  • cxc
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

[Tablet] SD card collecting every bit I listen to and leaving it there.

Greetings. I have now tried two (!!) different tablets with the same problem- every single bit streamed (not downloaded, not synced, only streamed) is staying in my internal storage. My phone doesn´t have this problem at all, only the tablet. I canno...

• Casual Listener
  • Greetings.   I have now tried two (!!) different tablets with the same problem- every single bit streamed (not downloaded, not synced, only streamed) is staying in my internal storage. My ph...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't load playlists

Hello! I've just formatted my SD card on my mobile device and updated to the new spotify software. But when i logon to the mobile device the playlists wont appear it just says loading

• Regular
  • Hello! I've just formatted my SD card on my mobile device and updated to the new spotify software. But when i logon to the mobile device the playlists wont appear it just says loading 
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on my HTC Thunderbolt

For the last week I've been unable to access my music on my mobile phone. I get the message, "Spotify is offline." I have a paid subscription and am listening to my music now online via my laptop, so what is going on that I cannot access the music vi...

• For the last week I've been unable to access my music on my mobile phone.  I get the message, "Spotify is offline."  I have a paid subscription and am listening to my music now online via m...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All music is muted when transferred to SD card

Hello, I have to transfer my music from my phone USB to my SD card. The reason being is because there is no way on my phone I can set up Spotify to sync straight to my SD card, it's so annoying. As I do not have all the space on my USB card, I have t...

• Hello,   I have to transfer my music from my phone USB to my SD card. The reason being is because there is no way on my phone I can set up Spotify to sync straight to my SD card, it's so ann...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

LOL about your "app"

Why can't I seem to find the directory in which Spotify saves offline data? Why can't I manually change this directory? Why is synching such pain in the ass? I always have to look if it's not just stopped again and restart the download manually. Why ...

• Not applicable
  • Why can't I seem to find the directory in which Spotify saves offline data? Why can't I manually change this directory? Why is synching such pain in the ass? I always have to look if it's not jus...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! If your offline, you can only listen to the playlists when you downloaded it..WHAT?!

Hey Guys.Please help me!My Offline-Mode on my android phone doesnt work. That sucks. A LOT!There comes always: Song isnt available. BUT WHY?! How can i download my playlist?It doesnt work. NOTHING WORKS! -.-Only when im online. PS: on my notebook, th...

• Hey Guys. Please help me! My Offline-Mode on my android phone doesnt work. That sucks. A LOT! There comes always:&...
  • Christoffer
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes