Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't select songs to play

Do you have to have premium subscription in order to select a song you want to listen to? My only option is "shuffle play" and I only want to listen to the artist/album I selected

• Do you have to have premium subscription in order to select a song you want to listen to? My only option is "shuffle play" and I only want to listen to the artist/album I selected
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • selection
    shuffle
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Can't log in with the spotify app

this is on my galaxy s1 plus. I was able to use it a few days ago, however it was always in offline n mode. so I tried to log off and on again. I can log in if I use a browser or use the computer software. my username is 1128179971.

• Casual Listener
  • this is on my galaxy s1 plus. I was able to use it a few days ago, however it was always in offline n mode. so I tried to log off and on again. I can log in if I use a browser or use the computer sof...
  • Bajin
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Offline Mode

Hi; in offline mode while listening to music on my phone more than 3 - 4 songs in a row when the phone is standing skip, and I already miss playing music is moving one by one

• Casual Listener
  • Hi; in offline mode while listening to music on my phone more than 3 - 4 songs in a row when the phone is standing skip, and I already miss playing music is moving one by one
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Predictive searching

Ive noticied on my friends Iphoe when they go to search something on spotify. As each letter is typed its suggests what it may be. Sort of the way google does it when you are searching the net. Rather than having to type out the whole band or song i ...

• Ive noticied on my friends Iphoe when they go to search something on spotify. As each letter is typed its suggests what it may be.    Sort of the way google does it when you are searchi...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can not log on to spotify via the facebook app

I use a sony neo which a android device version 2.3.4 - latest update. The app has been runing on the phone before, I swtiched to a sony z1 and that was no problem either, I sold the phone because it was simply big and am willing to use the Sony Neo ...

• Visitor
  • I use a sony neo which a android device version 2.3.4 - latest update. The app has been runing on the phone before, I swtiched to a sony z1 and that was no problem either, I sold the phone because it...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Playlists skipping every 3-5 seconds during play

Hi All! I have been a Spotify Premium User almost from day one that it was available here in the states. I cancelled several other subscriptions and switched because no one else was able to consistently meet my expectations. I have convinced many of ...

• Hi All! I have been a Spotify Premium User almost from day one that it was available here in the states.  I cancelled several other subscriptions and switched because no one else was able to c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Two Devices One Premium?

I'm going on vacation and would like to be able to stream music without internet on two devices at the same time. Is this possible with Spotify Premium?

• I'm going on vacation and would like to be able to stream music without internet on two devices at the same time. Is this possible with Spotify Premium?
  • TheStageIsOver
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't unlock the screen when Spotify is running

Hi, Recently I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S Advance from Android 2.3.6 to Android 4.1.2 and since then I have this weird issue with Spotify – whenever it's open I have troubles unlocking the screen's device. It seems like the phone's dead but it'...

• Roadie
  • Hi, Recently I have updated my Samsung Galaxy S Advance from Android 2.3.6 to Android 4.1.2 and since then I have this weird issue with Spotify – whenever it's open I have troubles unlocking the sc...
  • cloudsmaker
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Browse Feature stuck loading

Hi there!I'm a Premium user, have the latest version installed on my tablet, and I've been having this problem the past few days, everytime I try tro browse on a different category, In the Browse feature, it will only load 10 playlists, and stuck the...

• Hi there! I'm a Premium user, have the latest version installed on my tablet,  and I've been having this problem the past few days, everytime I try tro browse on a different category, In the ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify connect

Im trying to play two different songs on two different devices (all android) at the same time in two different rooms but connect keeps interfering and switching from one device to the other?

• Casual Listener
  • Im trying to play two different songs on two different devices (all android) at the same time in two different rooms but connect keeps interfering and switching from one device to the other?
  • Merik
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Sort list should be remembered, always.

I always listen to my "recently added" music first on my Playlist. Every time I pick a different playlist, I always have to go a resort to the recently added option. Is there a way to make the app remember? This happens on my tablet and phone.

• Regular
  • I always listen to my "recently added" music first on my Playlist. Every time I pick a different playlist, I always have to go a resort to the recently added option. Is there a way to make the app re...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Can only shuffle on tablet. What's wrong?

Hey guys. I can only shuffle on my tablet. I thought I could choose what to listen to like the PC version.. what's wrong?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey guys. I can only shuffle on my tablet. I thought I could choose what to listen to like the PC version.. what's wrong?
  • iHarp
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No crossfade option on my android phone spotify

I tried to find the crossfade option on my android phone spotify but there is no option on it. What should I do?

• Casual Listener
  • I tried to find the crossfade option on my android phone spotify but there is no option on it. What should I do?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 2 devices, strange problem, please help!

I have 2 devices with 1 account. Both devices have the songs downloaded for offline use (I don't stream ever). If I open Spotify on one device, the other device sometimes starts Spotify and plays music (controlling both devices while only using 1). I...

• Casual Listener
  • I have 2 devices with 1 account.  Both devices have the songs downloaded for offline use (I don't stream ever).  If I open Spotify on one device, the other device sometimes starts Spotify a...
  • motoracer
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Android free offline for Starred playlist

A little confused. I was under the impression that on an Android phone with a free account, I could download the Starred playlist for Offline listening, ableit in Shuffle mode. When I first installed the app, music appeared to be downloading to my SD...

• A little confused. I was under the impression that on an Android phone with a free account, I could download the Starred playlist for Offline listening, ableit in Shuffle mode.   When I first in...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG REPORT] Android App breaks in between bluetooth sessions.

Hi there! Just wanted to report, that I am a victim of very painful bug, occuring basically all the time. I've got Nexus 5 by LG (from Google) with clean Android (4.4.2) no mods or roots, and always updated Spotify (0.7.8.566) legit app. Also I am th...

• Hi there!   Just wanted to report, that I am a victim of very painful bug, occuring basically all the time.   I've got Nexus 5 by LG (from Google) with clean Android (4.4.2) no mods...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Syncing Local FIles

Can I sync local files from my laptop to my mobile?

• Can I sync local files from my laptop to my mobile?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Not getting what I paid for...

As with the many other threads/posts that have been submitted in the last many months, my premium upgrade receipt came to my email, but I'm still stuck in the horrible world of spotify free. I've researched the forums and tried everything, including ...

• Casual Listener
  • As with the many other threads/posts that have been submitted in the last many months, my premium upgrade receipt came to my email, but I'm still stuck in the horrible world of spotify free. I've res...
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Premium
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

premium error

Hello I apologize of this has been done before, I checked some other threads but didnt fine my exact problem listed.Yesterday I paid for a premium account and it seems to have glitched up, whenever I open the app 80% of the time it still believes I h...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello I apologize of this has been done before, I checked some other threads but didnt fine my exact problem listed. Yesterday I paid for a premium account and it seems to have glitched up, whenev...
  • RaikenXe
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Feature requests

1. Search suggestions for artist, album, playlist like the iOS version when you start a search.2. Show search history when you tap on search.Thanks!

• Regular
  • 1. Search suggestions for artist, album, playlist like the iOS version when you start a search. 2. Show search history when you tap on search. Thanks!
  • Andrews32
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes