Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Playlists Reset When The App Closes

Solved!

Offline Playlists Reset When The App Closes

This is an issue I've been experiencing for a few months now and maybe somebody here can help me out. 🙂

For a while now my offline playlists have not been updating as they should. When I attempt to download a playlist it will appear to download like normal but as soon as I close the app down and open it back up, it will have reverted to it's undownloaded state. It's as if the playlists reset anytime the app is closed. A lot of the time the app even asks me to reenter my login details, which seems to be part of the same problem and is equally annoying.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 2 with Android 4.3 and I have tried to save the playlists to both the internal HD and an SD card. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing. I have tried removing the device from my list of offline devices.

I have also tried to delete the cache, but this leads to another odd issue: it won't stay gone. When I go in and search for the spotifycache folder and delete it, it will vanish - until I search for it again. It doesn't matter if I restart the phone or just exit and re-enter the file explorer - the folder keeps coming back. Even if I've uninstalled the app and removed every other slither of it - the cache always comes back. At one point I deleted the same folder ten times in a row, which lead to this gem:

Is there anything, short of formatting the SD card, that I can do to stop this from happening? No other programs seem to suffer from problems so I would really like to avoid going through the pain of formatting everything, so any suggestions would be very appreciated! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It does sound like your SD card may be corrupted and reformatting it is the only option. For a full spring clean, follow the steps over here (including formatting the external SD card).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

It does sound like your SD card may be corrupted and reformatting it is the only option. For a full spring clean, follow the steps over here (including formatting the external SD card).

I was hoping that wasn't the case, but I shall give it a try when I have the time. Thank you. 🙂

Good luck!

Suggested posts